+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't have good sleepers eithers. Although now my 6 and 3 year olds mostly sleep through, which is lovely! My 19 month old is still waking multiple times a night. I've embraced it, I've accepted it and I'm happy to wait and not force the issue mine don't sleep through until 3-3.5 years old.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default She's not a "good" sleeper (vent)

Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Does it matter though? It's her life and her baby, she's specified that she's not asking for advice, just embracing her not so good sleeper. There really isn't anything wrong with that. If anything, it's great that the OP has come to a decision and is content with it. A thread like this may even help a mum struggling with a run of broken sleep to look at it from a different perspective and find peace instead of trying to fit the mould.
    Exactly!!!! Trying to fit the mould is really stressful. Sometimes having a 'ride it out' mentality works wonders.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (20-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I get what you are saying and yes if the OP is OK with having a night waker then of course that's ok. If the OPs parenting style is not in line with things that can help a bub sleep through then that's ok too.

A thread like this could help a new mother... However it can also do damage ... By stopping a new mum from seeking help... By encouraging a new mum to accept that her bub won't sleep through when unless medical issues are involved this is rarely the case. That's why I thought it important to speak up. I wasn't trying to be nasty to the OP sorry if it came accross that way. I've said my piece I will bow out now.
    I'm sorry VP but I'm calling BS on this. Really unnecessary.

Accept the thread for what it is, a new mom accepting that sometimes your baby doesn't read the book. That is ok and not harmful at all.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (20-12-2014),BettyV  (20-12-2014),btmacxxx  (20-12-2014),Busy-Bee  (20-12-2014),inner hippy  (20-12-2014),just her chameleon  (20-12-2014),misskittyfantastico  (20-12-2014),Starfish30  (29-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes!!! You spend all your time being consumed with the little ones sleep, it can be more stressful than not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you OP! It is so refreshing to read your post. You are right, sometimes babies just aren't those magic sleepers, and that is ok! IMO you will be so much happier without that stress of trying to 'fix' your baby.
    I let that 'sleeping-through-the-night' notion go many years ago with my first baby, and carried it over to all 3 of my bubs. It's so much easier. Did the same also re. fussy eating. So. much. happier!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (20-12-2014),BettyV  (20-12-2014),HollyGolightly81  (20-12-2014),misskittyfantastico  (20-12-2014),Starfish30  (29-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    OP, I'm 10 months into a sh1t sleeper. There have been nights where I thought 'this is it!' Only to be heart broken the next night. I have come to realize that I think I actually don't mind his waking that much. I've definitely gotten used to it. Yes I'm tired but I'm also relieved every time he wakes, another sign that he's ok. And I know I secretly love the midnight feeds and him asleep on my shoulder. I've started to think he's only little for so long and I should enjoy these wakings and cuddles while I can.

That said. We've tried something new with DH settling and it was working amazingly, got him down to one waking! Then DH had a few Christmas parties and I had to resettle and we're back to square one!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (20-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    And I know I secretly love the midnight feeds and him asleep on my shoulder. I've started to think he's only little for so long and I should enjoy these wakings and cuddles while I can.
    My youngest child used to sleep in my bed. Now, he sleeps at first in his bed, but crawls into my bed halfway through the night. Sometimes though, I wake up in the morning, and notice that he slept through in his bed and didn't come in to mine. I always get that little pang of disappointment, that I didn't get to wake up and see his little face next to mine. I've been getting nighttime cuddles off my kids for 12 years now, it's going to be hard getting used to going without them! lol

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (20-12-2014),inner hippy  (20-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    My youngest child used to sleep in my bed. Now, he sleeps at first in his bed, but crawls into my bed halfway through the night. Sometimes though, I wake up in the morning, and notice that he slept through in his bed and didn't come in to mine. I always get that little pang of disappointment, that I didn't get to wake up and see his little face next to mine. I've been getting nighttime cuddles off my kids for 12 years now, it's going to be hard getting used to going without them! lol
    The nights this week where DH did all of the settling and I locked myself away in another room, I missed him. When DH had a Christmas party and DS wouldn't let me leave his room, I got a little excited that I got to sleep with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I get what you are saying and yes if the OP is OK with having a night waker then of course that's ok. If the OPs parenting style is not in line with things that can help a bub sleep through then that's ok too.

A thread like this could help a new mother... However it can also do damage ... By stopping a new mum from seeking help... By encouraging a new mum to accept that her bub won't sleep through when unless medical issues are involved this is rarely the case. That's why I thought it important to speak up. I wasn't trying to be nasty to the OP sorry if it came accross that way. I've said my piece I will bow out now.
    Oh VP, it is NOT going to do damage.
    Reassuring a mum that it's perfectly fine to accept that her baby may not sleep through and there are other mums in the same situation is NEVER going to do damage. Far from it! It's the perfect opportunity for a thread where mums can have a vent about their crappy sleep, laugh it off and get ready for what the next day has in store.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

amyd  (20-12-2014),ArthurDent  (20-12-2014),BettyV  (20-12-2014),Busy-Bee  (20-12-2014),HollyGolightly81  (20-12-2014),inner hippy  (20-12-2014),misskittyfantastico  (20-12-2014)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    My dd is nearly 17 months... What is it like only having one or two wakings a night?! before 9pm I had already been in to her 3 times! It was about 11 when I gave up and crawled into bed with her. And that is my normal.

With my boys, who slept just as badly as their sister, I used to be out of bed anywhere from 8 (minimum) to 24 times a night. Sometimes one resettle would go for hours, I would finally have him asleep only for his brother to wake. That was my normal back then. They were around 2 when they finally started to sleep through, and in order for that to happen I had to wean them.

I have tried to wean dd at 15 months but she wasn't ready. So we've reverted back to the "new normal". I will try again at 18 months and if we're not successful then the month after and so on and so on. The beauty is that as the older they get, the more they understand and things like weaning or sleeping thorough are easier for them to understand.

I'm probably rambling- we had a shocker last night and I'm super tired- just thought I'd let you know I'm another one firmly in the "acceptance" camp.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (20-12-2014),HollyGolightly81  (20-12-2014),inner hippy  (20-12-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (20-12-2014)