+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you don't mind me just taking over for a second.... I was pretty keen on getting a fitbit flex but was swayed to a jawbone up. The only thing stopping me is the fact it won't really register when I'm pushing the pram (which I always am!) a few people have said to put it in your ankle and a few others have said that isn't accurate. What are your experiences in regards to that? Either the fitbit or jawbone

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't speak for the Up but the Fitbit Flex definitely registers steps when pushing a pram. I do it all the time too Here is the official word from Fitbit:

"Flex will count your steps when you are pushing a stroller or a shopping cart as we do want to give you credit for this activity. That said, because your hands are not moving, your step count may be a bit lower during this activity."

You do burn less calories pushing a pram than swinging your arms so it may convert to fewer steps. I haven't found a great difference though. They are prob all pretty good so it comes down to personal preference. Good luck !!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

azelqra  (21-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hwaterhouse View Post
    I can't speak for the Up but the Fitbit Flex definitely registers steps when pushing a pram. I do it all the time too Here is the official word from Fitbit:

"Flex will count your steps when you are pushing a stroller or a shopping cart as we do want to give you credit for this activity. That said, because your hands are not moving, your step count may be a bit lower during this activity."

You do burn less calories pushing a pram than swinging your arms so it may convert to fewer steps. I haven't found a great difference though. They are prob all pretty good so it comes down to personal preference. Good luck !!
    Thanks! I'm keen to get one ASAP and I want to go into the shops and have a look at them in person but im too scared of the crazy Christmas shoppers! I may be back to this group soon as an active participant :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It would be great to have you. Might get a good after Christmas deal! It's definitely been helpful to me. Just have a look at what each tracker offers (data/platform etc) and see what suits you. Both the Up and Fitbit can be used in this challenge. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you have signed up to matchup you can become friends with one another to have a bit of friendly competition before the challenge starts. Just go to friends and click on my name. You should then see my friends and click on them to get to their page and request friendship. I will post another thread on Bubhub closer to the start of the comp as this thread specifies Fitbit rather than the generic activity tracker. I've upped the steps to 10,000 as two of you are already exceeding that and I suppose that is the recommended amount.

I'm also considering joining a Dietbet for the first 6 months of the year. I've only ever done the 4 week one. Has anyone competed in the longer one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I am really keen to join in! I am terrible at staying on track with weightloss and I desperately need to lose some (at least 10kg) so we can start IVF to try for number 2. I use a Fitbit One

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bec I am in exactly the same position as you! Trying to lose at least 10kg to be ready for IVF. Thanks for sending your details, you should be all connected in now. The challenge I have set up starts Mon 12 January but Matchup runs public week long challenges if you'd like to get going before then. Thanks again for joining in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. I have added a New challenge to matchup. 8000 steps for 7 days. Just a quick challenge for me to test matchup before promoting the 3 week challenge. No pressure to participate! Although many of you are already hitting that figure (or pretty close) so it shouldn't be too hard!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fantastic

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BecT For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (28-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you would like to add anyone else to our challenges please send them these links. I haven't tested if they can join a challenge by going directly to it but it's supposed to work:

https://matchup.io/group/2167/start-2015-well- 7 day 8000
    https://matchup.io/group/2091/10-000-steps-challenge- 21 day 10,000

I will also start another thread just for the 7 day challenge.

I changed the name of the 21 day challenge from Bubhub so 'outsiders' weren't turned off by the name.