+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hwaterhouse View Post
    Oh no RaRa! Luckily your body gets the benefit whether Fitbit knows or not! Wow Bec - so much walking!! At my clinic out BMI only had to be less than 35 (and I just made it). Good luck for your appointment! It takes a while to establish a good pattern doesn't it Qrazelna? There are heaps of 24 hour gyms around. I joined Atmosphere which is open until 10pm and has child care. On the more expensive side but has great facilities. Had an intro today and get stuck into it tomorrow.
    Thanks I'll have a look at that!! Let me know how your DD goes as well if your putting her into the crèche. I'm nervous about leaving DS with people but I'm hoping to get him into childcare within a couple months so I guess we need to start somewhere!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, we are starting a cycle when I get my next period! Need to keep working my butt off.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BecT For This Useful Post:

azelqra  (21-01-2015),hwaterhouse  (21-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Bec!

Qrazelna I put Ellie in there today. The staff are wonderful. She is being difficult of late (even for me) and one of the staff members just held her the whole time I was in the gym so she would be calm. They encouraged me to keep coming back and think she'll get used to it (plus she was very tired today). The good thing is she is getting used to being left but only an hour or so at a time. They will call you over the PA if your child is inconsolable.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

azelqra  (22-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    So annoyed.

I just walked 1.5km, pushing my bike with DD on the back with a flat tyre, in the Cairns heat and humidity and the UP recorded exactly 0 steps. It think because my arm didn't move as I was holding on to the handles.

Is there a better device out there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no! That sucks! I use the fitbit one which just clips onto my shorts. I was a bit worried about how the arm band type would go when pushing the pram all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fitbit users out there?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nette View Post
    So annoyed.

I just walked 1.5km, pushing my bike with DD on the back with a flat tyre, in the Cairns heat and humidity and the UP recorded exactly 0 steps. It think because my arm didn't move as I was holding on to the handles.

Is there a better device out there?
    I also have the up and it records no steps when I'm on the treadmill, I assume because I'm holding the handles instead of swinging my arms. Very annoying.

But the important thing is, you know you've done the exercise and it will show on the scales, even if your wristband doesn't know about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm looking to take my UP back for a refund. Not even a month old and lights not working properly, 10 day charge lasts 3-4 days etc BUT I still want one to record/show how lazy I am.
    What do the like/didlike/recommend about yours ?

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hwaterhouse View Post
    Well I think it's officially died now and I'm getting too frustrated trying to manage it. I'm just going to wait for the replacement. In the meantime I think if I aim for 60 minutes exercise walking each day combined with incidental activity I should hit 10,000.
    I know this is an older post but made me think. I know that for me, approx 7.3kms will give me over 10,000 steps. So I just try to cover that area. Although I've been very slack lately.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (26-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmumm View Post
    What do the like/didlike/recommend about yours ?
    I'm pretty happy with my fitbit one.
    I bought it New Year's Eve and have only charged it twice so it lasts almost 2 weeks for me.
    I love that I don't have to wear it on my wrist and I can just clip it into my bra or the inside of my pants or inside my pocket. I find it doesn't really budge either. I like that I can see the stats on the device rather than having to sync with my phone to see it either.

I also like the fitbit platform. A few friends and family have fitbits and it's sooo easy to see what their steps are up to / challenge them etc. I'm not sure what the jawbone is like so it could just be the same thing.

I was pretty hesitant about buying one as they aren't just a couple dollars and knowing me I would stop using it after a couple days but I'm pretty happy with it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love my ONE because I can just attach it to my bra and forget about it. I charge it every couple of weeks and I've had it for almost a year now with no problems. It's great cause it doesn't work on arm swinging which means I can use it when I jog pushing the pram :-)