+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @LilMuffin good job hun, keep up the good work, you can do it!! 😄

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That's great Op! Well done! And good for your DP too for supporting you by taking them away.
    All the best.
    I quit on a weekend. The first 2 days were the hardest. If you're feeling ok, that's fantastic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The book "the easy way to quit smoking" by Allan Car is what I used to quit smoking more than 10 years ago. I had been a 30pack a day smoker for the 7 years prior! Good luck, use all the resources available to you, you can do it - and make it for good if you want to! You deserve a smoke free life

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    im cheering for you lilmuffin, marie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Replace it with something else. If you can go through to tonight without having one then have an ice cream. When I quit 8 years ago I replaced it with a juice. Every ciggy break became a juice break. Cold turkey was the best, first 3 days really tough but up your vitamin c and that helps with cravings. I also had hypnotherapy which definitely helped! Goid luck and if in doubt just think about that gritty placenta described by PP.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (20-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    The book "the easy way to quit smoking" by Allan Car is what I used to quit smoking more than 10 years ago. I had been a 30pack a day smoker for the 7 years prior! Good luck, use all the resources available to you, you can do it - and make it for good if you want to! You deserve a smoke free life
    My mum , her best friend and her daughter all gave up watching the Alan Carr DVD. She really recommends it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (20-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely a saying people use to justify their behaviour. Smoking is never good while pregnant. I am not a smoker & never have been. However there was a heavily pregnant woman at my work who smoked like a chimney throughout her pregnancy. It made me feel physically sick watching her & I questioned my midwife about it.. Her response was: Her baby is not addicted to cigarettes, she is. Anyone who says that they are benefiting their baby by continuing to smoke is looking for a justification for their poor choices.

Your baby will not suffer by you making the right choice. Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Make sure you get some professional support through your GP. Pregnancy can be hard at the best of times let alone when you've given up meds. It's definitely not the easiest time for you to quit.

Congrats on bubba and for cutting back so much this far!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I also recommend the Alan Carr book. I used it when I quit nearly ten years ago (I quit on Australia Day 2005) after I found out I was pregnant and I haven't looked back.

You can do it!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (20-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou all so much for the encouragement, I am proud to say I have not smoked today but... my partner is not home from work yet and he is a heavy smoker. Im going up to the shops to buy some lollies to suck on for when he gets home lol. I am determined to go the whole day without smoking.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LilMuffin For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (20-12-2014),misskittyfantastico  (20-12-2014),tazz475  (20-12-2014),VicPark  (20-12-2014)