+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @babyla I've still been exercising since I got pregnant. I used to do high intensity workouts 4-5 times a week so I've toned it down, but still doing walking, jogging, weights and stretching. Going to start pregnany pilates soon. I've been craving lots of naughty food so it helps me to feel more balanced

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    At my 10 week weigh in (first and only thus far), I had lost weight despite it being right after Christmas and feeling much heavier and bloated. I'm pretty sure for me it was because of not drinking.

We did IVF, so I was a bit bloated from all the drugs, and was heavier than I'd have liked starting. (But my BMI was still in the healthy range, somewhere in the 24s).

Agree with previous poster... crackers, bread, have veggies when you can stomach them. We've been doing a lot of baked potatoes loaded w/ veg and other stuff. DH has been great - he's getting his meat fix at lunch so I don't have to smell it. (I'm find to eat meat, I just don't want to smell it being cooked at all.)

I'm 12 weeks Monday, and just starting to want salad again. I used to eat it every day, and couldn't not even fathom it for 12 weeks.

I think as long as you're not gorging on sugar, and white bread you'll be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks for the replies. I've just weighed in this morning at 65.2kg. I figure if I keep on top of it then I'm not blindly just eating. Still walking and eating pretty well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I eat a lot of fruit to satisfy my sweet tooth and I try hard to eat protein and fat throughout the day to keep me satisfied and full. I try to stay mindful of what I eat but not obsess about the weight gain (otherwise I end up on the scale everyday feeling down about every kilo I gain).

Some of the things I like to eat: fruit salad, cottage cheese (full fat... we don't eat any low fat labelled foods in our house) and tomatoes with salt and pepper, crackers with cream cheese and tomato or cucumber, handful of nuts, porridge with chia, nuts and apple, sultanas or banana, peanut butter and banana smoothie, bliss balls, salad with tuna on top, carrots with hummus, apple and cheese, avocado on it's own or on crackers or in a salad. I have also been making Vietnamese rice noodle salad quite often. It's hugely filling but very low in calories and has heaps of veggies and tastes so good!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Oilymomma View Post
    I eat a lot of fruit to satisfy my sweet tooth and I try hard to eat protein and fat throughout the day to keep me satisfied and full. I try to stay mindful of what I eat but not obsess about the weight gain (otherwise I end up on the scale everyday feeling down about every kilo I gain).

Some of the things I like to eat: fruit salad, cottage cheese (full fat... we don't eat any low fat labelled foods in our house) and tomatoes with salt and pepper, crackers with cream cheese and tomato or cucumber, handful of nuts, porridge with chia, nuts and apple, sultanas or banana, peanut butter and banana smoothie, bliss balls, salad with tuna on top, carrots with hummus, apple and cheese, avocado on it's own or on crackers or in a salad. I have also been making Vietnamese rice noodle salad quite often. It's hugely filling but very low in calories and has heaps of veggies and tastes so good!!
    Your list made my tummy grumble!