+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Weight gain...

I'm 9 weeks and have had awful ms. Currently taking b6 and prednisolone.
    Last pregnancy I put on 24kg and had just gotten to a good weight again before finding out I was pregnant.

It seems that I am craving carbs and crap! I can feel I've put it on already.

Help me to curb my bad habits earlier rather than later!

What did you eat that's super healthy and satisfying? What are easy to prepare snacks? And what exercise did you do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bumpity bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck, maybe just clean eat? Macadamia nuts, full fat yogurt, avo on sour dough, boiled eggs?

I have lost 7kg in the first tri and tend not to put on weight in pregnancy but I have about 40 to loose so it's good for me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

babyla  (18-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump for the morning crew

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My story is similar to yours. I put on over 20kg's with my first pregnancy and had just lost around 30kg's when I found out I was pregnant again! I have found that since losing the weight I am more conscious about what I'm putting in my body but I am still not denying myself carbs throughout this pregnancy! Im just watching portion sizes and drinking heaps of water and I've only put on around 6 kgs (I'm 23 weeks). Compared to last pregnancy I am really happy with that. My favourite snacks at the moment are ; salada crackers with low fat philly, tuna, a slice of tomorrow and a bit of basil with a pinch of pepper to taste.
    ; celery sticks with peanut paste or cream cheese. (Low fat of course)
    ; yummy fruit salad with nectarines, pineapple, plums, mango, apple (satisfies the sweet cravings)
    Just a few I can think of now. It took me a while to stop stressing about the weight gain and just embrace the pregnancy. I had to realise that I probably was going to put on weight BUT I now know how to limit it and how to lose is after bub is here.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wannaBamumma For This Useful Post:

babyla  (19-12-2014),wobbleyhorse  (19-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just weighed myself and I haven't actually put anything on yet which is a total shock because I feel so much heavier. I'll start today with more clean eating and being a bit more organised.

Thanks for the tips ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've stocked the fridge and read up on some awesome healthy recipes and feel prepared to start a healthier pregnancy. I'm going to keep track of things here...

9+3 62.1kg

Last nights dinner quinoa and spinnach salad

Tonight I'm having roast veg salad and brekky was porridge with yoghurt and banana. I've had a muesli bar and fruit throughout the day as well as cheese on toast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel so much better when I eat better! I'm still battling nausea but at least the pred is keeping it mostly under control.

Tonight is home made burgers and a mix of cut up fruit for my evening snack.

I did have a choccy blow out today but it made me feel so crap that I doubt I'll do it again soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Time for an update... Eek! After Christmas it hasn't been great and my ms is still here.

So I'm 12 + 5 and 64.7kg.

I've started walking each night now and stocked the fridge properly. We have no more social events for me to over indulge in so really nothing to stop me keeping things under control during the 2nd trimester.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was pregnant I gained 15 kilos in my 3rd trimester..I can't stop eating unhealthy food, drink sodas. My oby advised me to put in moderate. I started to eat more fruits 1 month before due date, everything was under control for caffeine and junk food.
    Anyway good luck to you.