+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Options if Paed unavailable?

Our paed is away for a few weeks and I can't get an appt until 20th Jan. I'm worried that we can't wait that long, what are our options? I've tried other paeds before and their wait times have been much longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If serious enough present at emergency they will have a pead on call. Hope all is ok. Have you explained to the reception of his office? They possibly have a recommendation on your next step

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I needed a paed on Monday and couldn't wait to get into one so we just went to emergency.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Emergency
    See your go and they can write a letter to the hospital. If urgent enough they will fit you in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Often if your GP calls the office, they can organise an appointment sooner if necessary.

Hope everything's ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    Emergency
    See your go and they can write a letter to the hospital. If urgent enough they will fit you in.
    This is what my gp did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Is it urgent? Go to Emergency.
    Paeds sometimes have an on call service or get your GP to phone them and tell them it's urgent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. It's not urgent in the sense that it's an actual emergency. I am just really worried about feeding as I'm in the process of weaning, but I'm worried DS is not tolerating the formula. We need a paed to get the next step up (prescription formula) and I don't want to put DS through any pain or weeks of exhaustion due to poor sleep if I can avoid it. Going back to exclusive breastfeeding is not an option, his weight is a bit of an issue despite feeding every 1.5-2hrs and the diet I need to be on is too restrictive for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    Thanks. It's not urgent in the sense that it's an actual emergency. I am just really worried about feeding as I'm in the process of weaning, but I'm worried DS is not tolerating the formula. We need a paed to get the next step up (prescription formula) and I don't want to put DS through any pain or weeks of exhaustion due to poor sleep if I can avoid it. Going back to exclusive breastfeeding is not an option, his weight is a bit of an issue despite feeding every 1.5-2hrs and the diet I need to be on is too restrictive for me.
    If weight is an issue I'd go. My DD lost 240g from Friday to Monday so I went to emergency and was seen almost straight away. Ended up getting a prescription for reflux medication.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is your paeds rooms closed? Such a shame I have several unopened tins of elecare I could've given you until you sort it out.
    But yeah. .. If bub gets lethargic ... sleepy.... irritable. ..I try to get to hospital and then you can trial those formulas. I guess the allerpro isn't working for you guys.