+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Confused, lost.

I pretty much just found out that i'm pregnant 3x positive HPTs no drs confirmation just yet. My bf has already had a massive freak out! I feel and I know that he doesn't want this baby. How am I meant to feel good about all this if he doesn't want it? I want this bubba 100% but hes making it feel like it would be best to do this all alone. He keeps saying "i'm not ready, I don't want kids until i'm like 30." We are both early-mid twenties.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Firstly congratulations!

And secondly - big hugs! It's not nice when you aren't on the same page as the FOB.

Just remember it's your body, your choice what happens next. I'm sure he is shocked and perhaps it will take a little while for it to sink in and he will come around.

This is a great place to be for support here on bubhub and there are many women who have been in your position before who can offer you the best advice, I just didn't want to read and run.

All the best with your decision and pregnancy if you decide to go that way.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (17-12-2014),TheGooch  (17-12-2014)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by perthbear1991 View Post
    I pretty much just found out that i'm pregnant 3x positive HPTs no drs confirmation just yet. My bf has already had a massive freak out! I feel and I know that he doesn't want this baby. How am I meant to feel good about all this if he doesn't want it? I want this bubba 100% but hes making it feel like it would be best to do this all alone. He keeps saying "i'm not ready, I don't want kids until i'm like 30." We are both early-mid twenties.
    Congratulations!
    Just to echo A-Squared , it is your body and ultimately your choice.

If at all possible, I wouldn't make any decisions about together or alone right now. You both need time to stop and process this information.
    Make a Dr's appointment, have a scan, be clear on how far along you are.
    After that, talk about it together.
    I'm not making excuses for him, but he may not cope with shock well and may need some time to process.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Congrats @perthbear1991

I just want to share my story if I can. My dh and I had only been together for 3 months when I fell pregnant. He was adamant he didn't want kids until he was atleast 35. I made the decision that I would have my ds with or without him. He came around to the idea. It was not easy and it is still a struggle but I will never regret my ds and every struggle is worth it.
    If you need someone to talk to feel free to pm me :-) I am a perthie too.