+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How to do Temping?

I have been told that temping is very accurate at pinpointing O. Can anyone tell me the when what how and why of temping? I literally know nothing so any advice would be great as Google is confusing me. Thanks lovelies x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tempted for a few months and found it useful. I used the Fertility Friend app. Input your data in to that and it did the rest, worked out ovulation etc based in your data.

Basically you need a basal thermometer. Have it beside your bed and before you get out of bed in the morning take your temperate then record it in the app. Temperature should be taken at the same time each day. If I remember rightly your temp will be inaccurate if you have been out of bed say go to the loo/to get a drink within a couple of hours of your waking time so you may need to adjust your results (I can't remember the exact details but I think if you take your temp earlier than normal you adjust up the way by x amount per 30 mins or down the way by x amount if you take it later) Google will be able to help you out there.

Hope they makes sense!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkin1106 For This Useful Post:

Bub077  (17-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Remember to wear the same amount of clothes and blankets every morning . In an average bbt chart you will have the temps gradually drop towards ovulation. Then straight after the temp will start to rise. Fertility friend will put a red line down from the top on ovulation day when the temp has come above the cover line for 3 days. It's more accurate to assess ewcm as well and cervix position
    It won't really tell you when ov is going to happen, but it gives you an idea after the cycle has finished of how long you luteal phase is and it's good to look back on
    Last edited by Kazza78; 17-12-2014 at 15:16.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

Bub077  (17-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

I used fertility friend and tried to temp at the same time each day b4 getting out of bed, but I wasn't always waking at the exact same time & it was still accurate. The app takes the guesswork out of it and tells you once you ovulated. It's easier if you have already temped for one month and are regular to predict the next ovulation day. But I got pregnant on the first month temping both times kept DTD until ovulation was confirmed. You can also buy preg tests & opk's cheap on eBay and keep checking your opk's alongside the temping.
    Last edited by Eilonwy; 17-12-2014 at 17:55.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eilonwy For This Useful Post:

Bub077  (17-12-2014),Kazza78  (17-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you temp from cd1?? Thanks all - waiting for af then Will start temping for next cycle !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes temp from cd 1. Im a shift worker so temped at different times a lot and I could still pinpoint o. I think its accurate after 3 straight hours of sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    You don't have to wait for cd1 to temp

Thanks
    Reviews

Ladies I need help! Not TTC, but,

My temps went up around time I suspected O, then dropped immediately?
    I feel like my temps are delayed? Is this really unusual? Probably not even O..
    Last edited by CodieBloom; 28-05-2015 at 12:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont think you o yet. Temps would go up and stay up.. Mome sometimes go up then next day down again like I geared up to o and didnt then a few days later I will actually o.. So keep bd just in case

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by slipper View Post
    I dont think you o yet. Temps would go up and stay up.. Mome sometimes go up then next day down again like I geared up to o and didnt then a few days later I will actually o.. So keep bd just in case
    I thought that too. So OPKs aren't very reliable? I don't know why it seemed like I was gearing up but now they're totally negative.