+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 38 weeks and weight

I was 70 kilos when I got pregnant and lost a lot during morning sickness. I'm now about 90 kilos and freaking out. My mum said she put on 20 with me. It's my first baby and everyone is saying not to worry because I'm eating the right food and he's not over weight he's actually a little small. Am I just over reacting as a first time mum?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    First up - not much you can do about it now, so try not to stress!!

I've gained 21kg this pregnancy, roughly 60kg to 80kg (38 weeks on Friday) and aren't too bothered. I gained 12kg by 24 weeks last pregnancy, delivered at 25, only lost 3kg at delivery and the other 9kg came off easily.

I asked a question a while ago about the "immediate" weight loss at full term and to my surprise it averaged around 10kg for most women!! So I figure I'll only have the other 10kg to lose on my own, and if it comes off like last time that should be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 70kg to start with my 1st and 2nd and both times gained 20kgs. I lost it easily without trying within 3 months of birth.
    3rd pregnancy put on 18kg after same start weight.
    4th pregnancy started at 72kgs and only put on 8kga
    Now I'm pregnant with 5th and have put in 15kgs after starting at 70kgs....
    I don't know what is different but I'm taking comfort from the fact it all worked out ok after birth it wasn't an issue. It all came off without me trying as such. I think we are just all different as each pregnancy can be also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I agree with other poster...10kgs in he first week is normal weight loss.

TheGooch is online now Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm overweight to start with... Obese actually.
    I put on 6kgs up until 32 weeks and then put on a further 8kgs in the last 8 weeks.
    I felt sick especially since I was trying not to put on any.
    But, within a week of DS being born, I'd lost all the baby kgs. It must have just been fluid.
    I guess everyone is different with baby weight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had pre eclampsia and gained 20kgs by your stage. I was freaking out too. The weight fell off - I lost 12kg in fluid in the first 6 weeks. 4kg was the baby. I was left with 4kg to lose, which was quite manageable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think for my 3 pregnancies I never had much control of it! Your body seems to put on as much weight as it needs and there isn't much you can do about it!
    I put on 10kg with my first and about 15kg with the second and third. I managed to lose the extra weight between pregnancies (although probably took a year each time). I lost 10kg immediately after baby was born this time, so have about 5kg to go now.
    Try not to stress too much, you're nearly there now anyway!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think for my 3 pregnancies I never had much control of it! Your body seems to put on as much weight as it needs and there isn't much you can do about it.
    I put on 10kg with my first and about 15kg with the second and third. I managed to lose the extra weight between pregnancies (although probably took a year each time). I lost 10kg immediately after baby was born this time, so have about 5kg to go now.
    Try not to stress too much, you're nearly there now anyway!

Thanks
    Reviews
    First time around I was the same. I put on 15kg and just over 3kg of that was baby. (I imagine a good portion of it was probably boobs.) I lost most of it pretty quickly afterwards.

This time around I've put on significantly less and I'm practically living on McChickens, so I wouldn't be too worried, particularly if your care providers aren't concerned about it.

Don't forget it's also summer - you're probably retaining a crapload of water. I know that when the weather warmed up, I bloated like a puffer fish. Just because it feels like you're peeing everything out and sweating like a crazy person, doesn't mean some of that water isn't hanging around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AshPixie View Post
    I was 70 kilos when I got pregnant and lost a lot during morning sickness. I'm now about 90 kilos and freaking out. My mum said she put on 20 with me. It's my first baby and everyone is saying not to worry because I'm eating the right food and he's not over weight he's actually a little small. Am I just over reacting as a first time mum?
    I gained 20 kg with all four of mine. Lost the weight with 1&2 in about 6 -9 months. Kept a bit extra on after 3, but feel very quickly with no. 4. She's only 6 weeks, so early days. Try not too worry :-(