+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone else had a similar situation

firstbubba said:Today 07:43 PM

Anyone else had a similar situation

I hope someone can shed some light and help put my mind at ease, this is my second pregnancy first one ended sadly in a miscarriage at 8 weeks in August this year. so I was thrilled to get my BFP on November 23rd, I went to the dr to have my hcg levels on 24th November which came back at 2650 I had more bloods done on the 8th December and the hcg increased to 15100 I had my first ultrasound on 6 December which gave me a gestation age of 5 weeks 5 days crl of 3mm but they couldn't find a heart beat so told me to come back a week later, so I go back one week later on Saturday and the report is saying the crl is measuring 4.6 mm 6 weeks 1 day and the heart rate is only 74 bpm but in the conclusion it has a average gestation age of 5 weeks but its also got I have a small subchorionic haematoma, Im worried that not only the heart rate being to slow but the gestation date does correspond to the crl measurement and the haematoma, I cant get into see my doctor until the end of the week im petrified this pregnancy will end in another miscarriage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im so sorry that you are feeling so stressed about this. First of all the crl is extremely hard to measure at this gestation and it took the us tech 3 attempts to conclusively measure my current bub. Each time he came up with a different gestation because the baby was so small. Was it a trans vag us or a tummy one? That also makes a big difference. As for the hb it could be possible that the baby's hb just started beating and that is why it is low, if bub is only 5ish weeks that is the gest age bub's heart starts beating. I can understand the stresses you are having I myself have had 2 consecutive mc and 2 healthy bubs 4 years apart. When I had an oopsie with this one I was convincing myself something would go wrong. I have severe anxiety and this preg was not planned, with a new relationship and I didn't know how he would react. Anyway my point is after a mc it is normal to worry and sress but the best thing to do is speak to the us techs, dr's, mw anyone who will listen. I probed the us tech for all sorts of info which normally they dont tell you. Good luck with it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply I got in earlier to see another doctor today who organized a immediate ultrasound unfortunately the results are not good no heart beat was found and no increase in size they did both and internal and normal ultrasound

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im so sorry to hear that, it is such a difficult thing to go through. I have had 2 mc's myself. I hope you take the time to grieve and look after yourself. All the best and again im so sorry.