+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MyLittleStar View Post
    Hi sunnygirl, so sorry x
    Just to let you know my mc started with a big bleed (it was then I went in for an u/s and they let me know the baby's heart had stopped, 8wks) then I had like a light period, I thought for sure I was in the middle of a mc. But no, the spotting dragged out for a week, then the next week I went in for bloods, my HCG had risen! Plus my morning sickness was worse, so kick me when I'm already down.
    The drs advised I get a d&c and I went with that in the end. I was happy (if that's the right word) for a natural mc, but my body just didn't seem to be catching up with what had happened.
    My advice, get a blood test to see if your HCG is going down.
    Not good timing just before Christmas you poor thing
    Thanks - absolutely if this was any other time of year I wouldn't feel so concerned. I have 15 people coming here xmas day. DH suggested cancelling but that would be like a double whammy - losing my baby, then losing the xmas I've been planning for months. I really want this over with by then. It really sucks. To think I will still be in this much pain this time next week makes me feel pretty crap. My DH has taken 4 weeks off to enjoy some family time, I am totally ruining this time not just for me but my whole family. I've been a mess for weeks already.
    I think I will have to look into D & C. I know there are risks and it's not for everyone etc but it's looking like a good option about now. If I can get in before dec 30 there is no excess for private hospital admission because we've used our quota with my DH being admitted 3 x already this year. So p*ssed off and angry at the universe right now. We've had our fair share of sh*t this year.
    I will call my doc tomorrow and see what my options are. Plan was to BT and scan Friday but not sure whether that still applies, I wasn't bleeding yet when I saw the GP, those tests were to check viability...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    Be prepared for it to drag out. I think you need a drop in hcg for the body to trigger a MC so it could take a while. Keep your scan appointment on Friday and see what's going on in there. Sometimes these things don't happen quickly but hopefully with a 5 week sac it would be like a normal bad period not "contractions" to get it out the cervix. Good luck thinking of you.
    Thank you. The pain I have been having is much like early contractions but I know I'd be passing a lot more blood if my cervix was open. Everyone seems to have such a different experience.
    I'm happy to go natural if it happens quickly - but I'm not putting up with this for too long. I am not prepared for this to drag out for weeks. This time with my family is too important to me to waste curled up in bed. If it's not progressing further by the wknd I am going to demand D & C. I know it's over, I want it out.
    I know it sounds like I'm trying to move on very quickly, but this saga has been going on for weeks. Just that only now I am positive it has failed. So I started grieving weeks ago and researching options, I never really got attached to this pregnancy. I've done my share of crying and I want to move on and try again next year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really hope it happends quick for you

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (18-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update to close the thread - I ended up having a D & C on Friday. My doc and OB were very supportive and didn't push me either way, but both agreed it was the best thing for me given what I had been through already - an emotionally taxing 4 + weeks and simply waiting it out was really not going to do my mental health any good. I am really happy with my decision, and feel so much better already. 2015, onwards and upwards! Thanks to everyone for their support last week, I really really appreciated it.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm so sorry this happened.
    Glad you had a supportive Ob and Dr and wish only good things for you for the future x

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (21-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt emotionally (and physically) better after my d&c too. All the best for 2015 sunnygirl x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MyLittleStar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it was good for me also. Have a great Christmas sunny girl

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post: