+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just read your post above. If the red has increased then it's started. Please have some iron if you haven't already. I felt very dizzy and certainly couldn't go to work or drive.
    Hopefully it will be over for you in the next week or so

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    I just read your post above. If the red has increased then it's started. Please have some iron if you haven't already. I felt very dizzy and certainly couldn't go to work or drive.
    Hopefully it will be over for you in the next week or so
    Thanks. I actually had some iron about 20 mins ago thinking ahead, my iron is always at the low end so I've been thinking about that. I might go stock up on some more. Thanks for the tip

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Cheese View Post
    It sounds very similar to what happened with my miscarriage. I had some spotting for about a week before my scan - should have been 8 weeks but instead showed an empty sack. Officially the report said I was too early but like you it had been over 4 weeks since my bfp so I knew there was no way it was just too early. By the afternoon I had heavier red blood and that evening I had heavy cramps. I took some nurofen and curled in a ball with a wheat pack and eventually got some sleep. The next day I had bleeding and in the evening more cramping and somewhere in there I passed the sack. I think I had bleeding for only about a week. My bloods took a few weeks to finally go down though, from 110-5 was over two weeks.

I hope that this is the start and you can get through this as low trauma as possible.
    Oh gosh I hope its over quickly too. I think its only fair after 3 weeks of spotting already, its like the longest period ever...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck sunny girl.. Have panadol and nurufen plus and wheat pack on hand. Keep your appointment as if you do pass the sack you want confirmation that you have no retained products.
    Also if you have a blighted ovum the sack can be normal size just nothing in it which is why your body still pumps out pregnancy hormones cause it doesn't know any different
    Good luck if the pain gets too much go to ER otherwise get comfy hot showers lots of support and nurufen and panadol at the same time if it gets too much xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We buried the sac in our garden, if that's something you might want to do

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

mellie6  (27-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny girl, I'm so so sorry that this has happened to you. My story is very similar to lilyloubelle, except that we were expecting twins and one foetus had grown but no heartbeat. I chose to have a d&c.

Miscarriage sucks, however it plays out. Give yourself time and space to grieve, talk about your baby and your loss, know that it will be months until you'll feel ok again and that that's ok xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Polly6034 For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (17-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    We buried the sac in our garden, if that's something you might want to do
    I am not sure I will even know when I have passed it. It was measuring 5wks only a mm or something (empty sac) so I really don't think it will be recognisable. I honestly think this pregnancy ended weeks ago but my body just kept producing the hormone.
    I suggested to DH we buy a nice angel to hang on our tree this year in honor of our loss.
    I haven't had a lot of bleeding yet. Worst period pains but light watery bleeding only. Gosh I hope this doesn't drag out for weeks, it's like slow torture.
    does exercise/yoga etc help speed things up at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Be prepared for it to drag out. I think you need a drop in hcg for the body to trigger a MC so it could take a while. Keep your scan appointment on Friday and see what's going on in there. Sometimes these things don't happen quickly but hopefully with a 5 week sac it would be like a normal bad period not "contractions" to get it out the cervix. Good luck thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was going to try acupuncture to try and move things along

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi sunnygirl, so sorry x
    Just to let you know my mc started with a big bleed (it was then I went in for an u/s and they let me know the baby's heart had stopped, 8wks) then I had like a light period, I thought for sure I was in the middle of a mc. But no, the spotting dragged out for a week, then the next week I went in for bloods, my HCG had risen! Plus my morning sickness was worse, so kick me when I'm already down.
    The drs advised I get a d&c and I went with that in the end. I was happy (if that's the right word) for a natural mc, but my body just didn't seem to be catching up with what had happened.
    My advice, get a blood test to see if your HCG is going down.
    Not good timing just before Christmas you poor thing