+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

Default Vanuatu with kids?

Just saw a great deal for a 7 night stay in Vanuatu. Thinking it would make a nice family holiday as it's not too far to fly with the kids. Anyone been there with kids? Kid friendly?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I can only speak from a day visit (from a cruise) but we hired a taxi from the port, just from the side of the road, and he was really friendly, took us to some beaches, and a dance performance and a resort. I will deffo be bringing the family back for a resort visit = it is stunningly beautiful and pristine waters and wildlife, just gorgeous. The people are really friendly and there is a low crime rate, it is a safe place for tourists etc.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

summastarlet  (16-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I can only speak from a day visit (from a cruise) but we hired a taxi from the port, just from the side of the road, and he was really friendly, took us to some beaches, and a dance performance and a resort. I will deffo be bringing the family back for a resort visit = it is stunningly beautiful and pristine waters and wildlife, just gorgeous. The people are really friendly and there is a low crime rate, it is a safe place for tourists etc.
    Thanks @beebs . That's good to hear that it's safe for tourists and low crime rates. The photos I've seen look amazing...beautiful place

6. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

beebs  (16-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    My parents took me here when I was 2. The photos look like it was a nice place, I can't remember it because I was so young. My parents said the locals offered to buy me from them because I was so fair and had blonde hair and blue eyes. This was in the early 90's though so I hope they don't ask that these days.

"Insert witty signature here"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

summastarlet  (16-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by btmac View Post
    We went for 10 days when DS1 was 13. We had a wonderful time - the people are just beautiful and there are plenty of things to do or not do! (Aka just relax and swim at the incredible beaches).

I highly recommend a visit to Hideaway Island with the worlds only underwater mail box.
    That's actually where the accomodation deal is for @btmac! Ok for little kids do you think? My boys are almost 3 and 1.5yrs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by tadpoles View Post
    My parents took me here when I was 2. The photos look like it was a nice place, I can't remember it because I was so young. My parents said the locals offered to buy me from them because I was so fair and had blonde hair and blue eyes. This was in the early 90's though so I hope they don't ask that these days.

"Insert witty signature here"
    Oh dear @tadpoles! My mum had Balinese people fawning all over her when she went as a teen (and again on her honey moon) because she's fair.

We had lots of Japanese tourists stop us to take photos of DS2 when we were in NZ as he's got bright blue eyes and fair hair. The weren't interested in his older brother (dark hair and eyes).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (16-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stayed at hideaway island for a week a few years ago. It's lovely there. The only thing I can think of for little kids is to be aware that the beaches are not sand around the edges. The shore is seashells and dead coral. So I guess for me it would depend how confident the little one is on their feet. From memory - as I said it was a few years back, there was no air conditioning in the villas so also depends on how your kids go with the heat. It's a beautiful place and I will definitely take my children there one day, they are the only things I can think of that might be an issue or non issue depending on the kids.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashram For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (16-12-2014),summastarlet  (16-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes will definitely need reef shoes and be able to cope with the extreme heat and humidity. Lovely people and beautiful place.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyblu11 For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (16-12-2014),summastarlet  (16-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thanks ladies. We live in Queensland so used to heat and humidity! Will look into reef shoes for them if we decide to go