+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    Hi if you go Thursday who will review you scan and order the D&C? If you go Monday then am I right in assuming your GP will?

It's such a rubbish situation to be in so close to Christmas. You should have an answer though for that week in between Christmas and new year to get in for the D&C.

I guess I was lucky in a way that mine was Ivf and we knew the exact dates.

Best of luck
    Yes it will be my GP. I haven't booked an OBGYN as I was waiting for a date scan to be sure of due date. Is a D & C something they can order straight away or do they make you wait a week etc? I know there are risks and its not a decision I'd make lightly. But the timing does put pressure on me to make a decision quickly if it comes to that...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I had a missed M/C, my OB booked me in for a D&C the day following the diagnosis (private hospital). Not sure how it works going through a GP, though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    When I had a missed M/C, my OB booked me in for a D&C the day following the diagnosis (private hospital). Not sure how it works going through a GP, though.
    I'm guessing he'd have to refer me, so I'd have to get an appointment, then they'd schedule it. So a few days at a guess. I just scheduled a scan for Friday instead of Monday. Partly because the guy I want to do the scan is not in on Monday. And partly because it gives me a few extra days to play with...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    I'm guessing he'd have to refer me, so I'd have to get an appointment, then they'd schedule it. So a few days at a guess. I just scheduled a scan for Friday instead of Monday. Partly because the guy I want to do the scan is not in on Monday. And partly because it gives me a few extra days to play with...
    Wishing you the best for Friday x

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started bleeding this afternoon. And cramping. Like my body just knew I needed to move on one way or another! I am ok - I think I knew this was going to end this way. Just too many factors for it to come out any other way. Hopefully now I will no longer be in limbo and can move on. Will see what the next few days bring...
    Thanks all for listening to my rant. Going to stock up on maxi pads and chocolate. And perhaps red wine.

tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I started bleeding this afternoon. And cramping. Like my body just knew I needed to move on one way or another! I am ok - I think I knew this was going to end this way. Just too many factors for it to come out any other way. Hopefully now I will no longer be in limbo and can move on. Will see what the next few days bring...
    Thanks all for listening to my rant. Going to stock up on maxi pads and chocolate. And perhaps red wine.
    I'm really sorry to hear sunny. Please indulge in some wine and soft cheeses and just relax and go easy on yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. It sounds like my mc. I had spotting from 5 weeks and I lost the baby at 7+5. In my case the baby grew and had a strong hb, yet the spotting continued. I knew there was something wrong even when everyone was telling me that spotting means nothing and everything looks fine. They booked me for a d&c the day after the scan revealing the lack of hb. The d&c was a relief, to be honest, sad as it was. I was losing my mind.

Just remember that you're calling the shots and if continuing with this situation is endangering your mental health, they have to take that into consideration when making decisions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear this sunnygirl Sending hugs and stregth your way xo

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    xoxoxoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you feeling? You ok?