+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Rash help

1418678038891.jpg1418678060562.jpg ds has come up with this rash overnight which has progressively spread over his whole body including his face.

Seems that it is very itchy going by the night we've had.
    Waiting to get into the doctor today any tips on how to stop it itching or how to stop an 18month old scratching???

Sent from my MB526 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Reaction to something? Antihistamines?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week

Default Rash help

Poor bub. Looks very angry. I agree, antihistamine would be your best bet right now.

Is the rash quite hot? A cool damp facewasher on the worst areas may also sooth.

I would personally take him down to the er. I don't trust such angry rashes on little ones.
    Last edited by HeavenBlue; 16-12-2014 at 07:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looks a lot like what dd had a while ago. It's horrible!!!

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1418684349.550741.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1418684387.054111.jpg

She got way worse before she got better. Prob 7days before it cleared up properly. I ended up needing to see 3 different docs cause none of them could tell me what it was. First doc gave us steroid cream and assured me it was a bug bite reaction (it was smaller rash at that point)
    2nd - swore black and blue it was a reaction to the 12mth needles - measles mumps shots. Sometimes manifests in small rash.
    But by day 3 it had consumed her whole body and was extremely hot to touch we went to the hospital and there team were confident it was a viral infection. In you or I it would likely mean a sore throat, runny nose and feeling a bit crap for a few days. But the skin being your biggest organ and her tiny immune system it just presented itself in this way.
    It may have been contagious earlier when she had a fever but they weren't too worried about it. Antihistamines helped take the edge off it but it didn't clear it up.
    It spread from her waist up to her hair and down to her toes over the course of a few days. It looked much worse than it really was and she was reasonably chirpy and still happy during that time. Hope you get some answers op.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so in the last week we have seen three different doctors regarding the rash.
    Doctor one said hives give him 1 shot of redipred and keep him on antihistamine while rash present.
    Rash went away after 24 hours.

Doctor two says hives give him antihistamine plus redipred for 48 hours if rash returns after you stop medication repeat for another 48 hours.
    Rash went away then returned 24 hours after we stopped treatment. Started treatment again rash went away then returned again 24 hours after stopping treatment.
    Doctor three again says hives keep on antihistamine for three weeks no redipred.
    All doctors have said it is one of the worst cases they have seen.

So to anyone who knows anything about hives is it normal to keep reoccurring? We have not changed a thing regarding diet or washing powder etc.
    So what could be causing it?

We have to go back in three weeks and take him off antihistamine prior to going back and if it reoccurs they are talking of sending us to an immunologist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does the rash always re appear in a different part of the body? I can sometimes take hives a few weeks to go as it seems to work its way around the body.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's hard to tell because he's been covered from head to toe at some stage in the last week. So where it's reappeared now it has been already before.