Closed Thread
Page 78 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Couldnt get ds into the daycare centre up the road, cause even though we've had his name down since before he was born they obviously arent equitable in the way they go down the waiting list.

So we've managed to get him into another centre but its at the opposite end of the suburb & i have no idea how im going to get him there cause i still cant drive its miles too far to walk & public transport there is a nightmare.

I was hoping id be driving but its obviously not going to happen. I still cant understand roundabouts & when to go when literally no-one indicates & i still cant tell where my car is on the road or how close to things i am - meaning i cant park, merge etc.

I dont know why i cant do this stuff. Ive lost count of how many lessons ive had. I feel really stupid & like a complete failure.

Can your husband take him to childcare on the way to work?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 3bubbys For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (27-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3bubbys View Post
    Can your husband take him to childcare on the way to work?
    Yes but he finishes too late to collect him after work. Also i dont know how to collect him during the day if he is sick or nees to come home for whatever reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Argh, the old woman next door just rang and said we 'need to do something about our little dog who is barking all night', hubby says ok yes he's barking right now I will go bring him inside but he sleeps in our bedroom so he is not keeping you awake at your claimed 2.30am. She just said well yes he does, well no he does f not he sleeps beside my bed and goes out usually after 6.30am! And anytime in the past I've asked her if she has heard the dog she has said no so wtf is with suddenly deciding he is annoying her.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2016 - Member you'd most like to meet
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Yes but he finishes too late to collect him after work. Also i dont know how to collect him during the day if he is sick or nees to come home for whatever reason.
    So in the short term it sounds like you have four choices:

Your husband
    Public transport
    Taxis
    Walking

I'd just look at which is the most viable option. It is what it is - it's where he is going, so try to think positive and make it work for you :-)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (27-02-2015),Me&Smooches  (27-02-2015),TheGooch  (26-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    So in the short term it sounds like you have four choices:

Your husband
    Public transport
    Taxis
    Walking

I'd just look at which is the most viable option. It is what it is - it's where he is going, so try to think positive and make it work for you :-)
    I agree, you might just have to pick the easiest option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    ...... 5th choice, don't go back to work

6th choice, get a nanny

7th choice, try family daycare

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (27-02-2015),harvs  (26-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dear somebody,

Buy my car!

You won't be disappointed.

Love Teenie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Why does my toddler have to mess up every. single. room. Formal lounge, dining, family room, our bedroom, hallway, bathroom and her bedroom have toys everywhere. I have just tidied it up while she's asleep and it took me forever, and I'm sure it will take 20 minutes for it to be just as messy when she wakes up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default The Not So Serious Vent Thread #4

I know you said you aren't comfortable with family day care and I'm not sure if there's none available close by or you aren't sure but like yourself I do not drive (at all).

There are 4 family dare carers within a 10 minute walk of me, I found out just by calling up Wesley mission. Dd's carer also does the school run for her own kids and kids she looks after so one day when it was raining instead of me having to walk to get Dd in the rain she happily offered to drop her off as I was close by and she knew I didn't drive. Maybe I was just lucky but there's no harm in ringing around to see if there is a family day care with a similar routine who might be able to drop your Ds home in the afternoons.

Edit- I know how isolating it can feel not to drive, I have similar fears as you, however it would be beneficial for you and your Ds to get used to using public transport, I used to find it very overwhelming with a small baby but Dd is used to it and loves it now and I look at it as our ticket to freedom 😉.
    Last edited by DreamyMummy; 27-02-2015 at 13:56.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Resettling dd again and the girl keeps farting some seriously smelly stuff. When the first wave is over she releases another!