Closed Thread
Page 75 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Really life, really? I just tripped on one of ds's toys and now I can't walk on my foot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Horrible feral & cranky. Guess im cancelling the appointment today. Guess ill quit my job so i can stay home & breastfeed him until he goes to school & we'll sell our house to pay for speech therapy for him.
    I think you're going to feel so much better if you drop your expectations.

You say he sleeps through the night - that's awesome for a bub his age. Take that as a massive win. Wake up each morning after your full nights sleep (something many mums on here - even mums of toddlers aren't lucky enough to have) with the attitude of "if he sleeps, he sleeps, if he doesn't, he doesn't"

Then if he doesn't, you've prepared for it, if he does sleep.... Bonus!

I understand you are frustrated but your defeatist attitude here isn't going to help him sleep, take a bottle of formula or eat solids. A more relaxed attitude is far more likely to help.

Good luck with the solids

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

amyd  (24-02-2015),FrothyFrog  (24-02-2015),Happymum2  (24-02-2015),HearMeRoar  (24-02-2015),Lissymama  (02-03-2015),TheGooch  (24-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CompareTheMeerkat View Post
    Really life, really? I just tripped on one of ds's toys and now I can't walk on my foot!
    You poor thing! are you okay?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ill try but not sure, its meant to be helping with introducing solids as he is almost 8 months & will not eat, so i dont know if i can breastfeed him then offer solids immediately after (the appointment only goes for half an hour)
    All 3 of my children had cows milk protein intolerance which caused reflux but only found out with my second. My first we just thought reflux was silent so no vomitting just screaming, refusal to eat, drink or sleep even on reflux meds. After had my second he used to scream 2 hours non stop every day and then one day after 6 hours of non stop screaming and throwing up milk with blood despite being on reflux meds we discovered through a pard he was cmli. He was put on hydrolysed formula and it took about a month for his gut to heal and after that he ate and slept like a champ. Wish I had of known for my poor girl but yeah well she suffered with speech issues because I guess she didn't develop the muscle in her mouth and also the fact she had other issues like slight brain damage… But at 8 she is a healthy normal functioning main ********* beautiful girl who eats everything. There were some hairy times she refused to eat still at the age of 5/6 but you know I think I just should have let it go stopped with the pressure if I could see the future. It gets better hang in there.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Bloody dry coughs! ds1, coughing all night long.

All.

Night.

Long.

I'm exhausted. He seems as Happy as Larry. I was going to keep him home from school today, I thought he would be exhausted. Wrong!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poor baby is very uncomfortable at the moment, I'm thinking possibly silent reflux. She seems to be chucking and then swallowing it and is very congested all the time. She just doesn't seem to cry as much as I thought a reflux baby would, glad I've got 6 week check up tomorrow so I can chat to my dr about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ... turning the light on in the lounge after being in there for 2hrs.. to find that you have been sitting in a room with 20 baby spiders on the ceiling. ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why is it when dh gets a cold he's dying of man flu and gets to lie about moaning while I have to tough it out and keep being the parent? When is it my turn to mope and be miserable?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why is this happening?? We finally had sleep sorted, i was much happier & coping much better & now we are back to the SCREAMING again for at least one sleep a day. God i have no idea what im doing wrong......

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Why is this happening?? We finally had sleep sorted, i was much happier & coping much better & now we are back to the SCREAMING again for at least one sleep a day. God i have no idea what im doing wrong......
    This might not help, but then again it might:

Try to avoid the headset of *you* are doing something wrong. Babies change. All the time.

My bet is still that he is under stimulated. But it could also be teeth. Or sickness. Or growing pains. Or just a bad patch.

Stick with what you know works as best you can, and I bet he'll come back to it. And if you need to do something different to cope sometimes, well that's ok too.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

DizzyDaisy  (24-02-2015),HearMeRoar  (24-02-2015),heartstringz  (24-02-2015),Lincolns mummy  (24-02-2015),Lissymama  (02-03-2015)