Closed Thread
Page 72 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just got our daughter all revved up to ride her bike down to the lake to see the ducks and 2 seconds before we left, it started raining :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Why is it literally ever time i have an appointment or im having a visitor ds will not go to sleep?

So then at the important appointment i end up spending the entire time walking around carrying an overtired cranky screaming baby who totally loses the plot if i try to put him down.

Why do i even bother having appointments or inviting people over??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Why is it literally ever time i have an appointment or im having a visitor ds will not go to sleep?

So then at the important appointment i end up spending the entire time walking around carrying an overtired cranky screaming baby who totally loses the plot if i try to put him down.

Why do i even bother having appointments or inviting people over??
    I have this exact problem too. I suffer from anxiety also and I think they pick up on the heightened anxiety we feel because we know we are going to have to go through the whole rigmarole. It's frustrating. I don't have any advice just hugs and a lot of empathy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    I have this exact problem too. I suffer from anxiety also and I think they pick up on the heightened anxiety we feel because we know we are going to have to go through the whole rigmarole. It's frustrating. I don't have any advice just hugs and a lot of empathy.
    Thanks, he's finally asleep after 40 mins of hysterical screaming. Im betting he'll only sleep for half an hour though as no way was he going to settle himself this morning so i was in there patting him & he always wakes after 30 mins if he doesnt settle himself. So he'll still be overtired & screaming by the appointment, which is great given i am having someone out to help with introducing solids, so i really dont need a screaming ds when we are trying to feed him. Why do i even bother?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Thanks, he's finally asleep after 40 mins of hysterical screaming. Im betting he'll only sleep for half an hour though as no way was he going to settle himself this morning so i was in there patting him & he always wakes after 30 mins if he doesnt settle himself. So he'll still be overtired & screaming by the appointment, which is great given i am having someone out to help with introducing solids, so i really dont need a screaming ds when we are trying to feed him. Why do i even bother?
    Just try to think positive. Maybe he will surprise you, fingers crossed. The only thing I do know is that focusing on the possible negative outcomes can't help either of you. I hope he pleasantly surprises you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And hes awake after 30 mins & screaming again. Great. Why do i even bother? Guess ill just cancel the appointment today, breastfeed him forever & then go down the speech therapy etc route in the future when he doesnt develop properly. Why is this such a nightmare? Why am i even bothering?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh FFS!
    No you cannot "withdraw our time with the kids" because we won't take DSD to netball.
    You signed her up without telling us, and training is on at a time we cannot get to!
    If it is so important that she goes, you take her, and we will collect her after training. No? Well then she just won't be doing it every second week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Horrible feral & cranky. Guess im cancelling the appointment today. Guess ill quit my job so i can stay home & breastfeed him until he goes to school & we'll sell our house to pay for speech therapy for him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Default The Not So Serious Vent Thread #4

Oh heartstringz, I'm sorry. It won't be forever. It's so hard. I've got a DS that only sleeps at home properly too. The other afternoon it took me 1 3/4 hours to get a hysterical 10 month old to have a nap. I'm just lucky I could mattress pat and pat DS to sleep as normally that will not work. My point is, you're not alone and we all wish we could do something to help you out. So much empathy for you. I know it's not easy.
    Last edited by HeavenBlue; 23-02-2015 at 13:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Definitely not alone @heartstringz, I also have a lo that won't sleep anywhere but her cot.. I had 2 solid hours of screaming last night and so far an hour this morning. It is so hard!