Closed Thread
Page 51 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    its pretty ridiculous, i dont know what working mums are expected to do if they dont have family members who can babysit. I hope you find something soon!
    I went through massive care issues when df went back to work a few years ago. He was injured and had two years off work. I returned to work because, you know- money.
    In the months leading up to his return, I had the boys in fdc one day a week and the carer knew I wanted to stretch it out to 5 days upon his return. She kept pushing me for a date, but I couldn't give her one because we were waiting to hear from df's work. She just told me one morning that she could no longer give them the spots as she found some kids who would continue to need her the year after, whereas I wouldn't because my boys were going to kinder. I got mad and pulled them out of their one day with her on the spot.
    So then I tried a cousin on a friend, who said she really wanted the job. I couldn't get them into any centre, they were all full. Why there are only 2 centres in a town with 4 primary schools I will never know?!
    Her first day was easy- I was only at work for a few hours. But within that few hours she must have decided she didn't like being a carer. The next day she texted me telling me she didn't want to do it any more.
    A few weeks later, sil got me in contact with a mum from her school who was trying to set up her own fdc. She agreed to take on my boys.
    That lasted maybe 3 weeks before she told me she felt like her own 3 year old was missing out on her time and she didn't want to do it any more.
    So then I got onto a lady on the other side of town who said she could take them into her fdc, but their spots had a time limit because she had two kids returning on x date. That lasted maybe a month before she said the other kids came back early and she couldn't have them any more.
    So then I found a lady through a mum at my school who had them for me until the end of the year. She was great and I was so grateful to her.
    I then had all the school holidays to find someone but it wasn't easy. Centres were still a no-go. I got onto another friend of a mum at school and she watched them for me 2 days a week, the other days they were at kinder.
    The absolute stress and heartache it caused me is massive. I feel stressed now just thinking about it. Not to mention all the time off I had to have from work when these people just pulled out on me suddenly.
    I am actively job hunting now, and already stressing about what I will do with dd and there isn't even a prospective job yet!
    Daycare in this country is ridiculous. There are no way near enough spaces and the cost is exorbitant. I tell you what, I think the best new business to open to ensure you always have clients would be a daycare centre.

Sorry, here endeth my rant.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I just want to add that the obvious thought upon reading that is that I must have really crappy or difficult kids- I don't. I think the twin thing threw most of them, they weren't expecting it to be so full on and never ending.
    I tortured myself for weeks every time someone else quit on me, wondering why they couldn't see how lovely my sweet little boys were. Luckily I had many people assure me it definitely wasn't anything to do with them.

Care is just plain hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thats terrible Nomsie! I hope you can find something this time & that its a lot less stressful for you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (04-02-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I am so sick of being asked to sponsor people not to drink alcohol. Since when is this an achievement?! Who's going to backpay me for all the times I've gone months/years without drinking?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

munchkin275  (21-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Queen of Amazingtown View Post
    I am so sick of being asked to sponsor people not to drink alcohol. Since when is this an achievement?! Who's going to backpay me for all the times I've gone months/years without drinking?
    What the????

Seems crazy to me. If I sponsor someone I want whatever it is to be at least a little bit hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I've never heard of such a thing! I've heard of sponsors that support people when they are feeling the urge to drink but not to sponsor like you've been asked?!

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    They are meant to be for charity. There's Ocsober and Dry July and now one in February too. I'm all for giving to charity and I support lots of them but it just seems ludicrous to me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    They are meant to be for charity. There's Ocsober and Dry July and now one in February too. I'm all for giving to charity and I support lots of them but it just seems ludicrous to me!
    Still would prefer something that effort.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I was having the best sleep in years when the dog woke me with his nightmare at 3 am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week

Default The Not So Serious Vent Thread #4

I'm following you now. Yeah, nup. I get why what you're saying about why pay someone to not drink.