Closed Thread
Page 44 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Nomsie View Post
    I don't want to ask mum because she already does a lot for me. I don't want to push it.

A big part of the problem is that dd still feeds a lot overnight. As in, around midnight I get in bed with her and god knows how long and how often she feeds. I certainly don't. But it's a lot.

Have I tried? Yes. Several times. Starting when she was 15 months. She is nearly 18 months now. As I type this I'm heading into her room to feed her again- the third time since she was put to bed because its effective in ensuring she goes straight back to sleep. I have tried no overnight feeds but she is so determined and she screams. A lot. Loudly. And wakes everyone up. It's not cool when her brothers have to go to school.
    I've tried don't offer don't refuse. To make up for me not offering, she started asking for more. I've tried distraction. Sometimes it works. Every other time it results in meltdown. I've tried offering alternative. Water. Water in a pretty cup. Water in a big girl cup. Milk. Warned milk. Hot milk. I even let her try some milo.
    Like I said- she is stubborn and knows what she wants.
    I struggled weaning dd1. She loved it so much she would help herself in the middle of night. She would climb out of her cot from 12 months old to do it. Them I got serious about the weaning and started fully dressing for nighttime ie bra's under singlet under button up top. She still managed to get through. I eventually got success when I started making it taste bad. I started painting lemon juice and other bad tasting stuff on my nipples. It took a few weeks but it worked eventually.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Haha I just had an image in my head of being sprung by df painting yucky food substances on my nipples... Awkward...!

A big problem in a roundabout way (and I know I shouldn't complain, since so may women struggle with the opposite) is that supply is not an issue. I have plenty of milk. I keep telling dd that mamas milk is running out soon and she needs to stop- it makes her angry. Lol. @GucciDahling I cannot think of a more accurate adjective for dd than determined. She knows what she wants and she isn't satisfied until she gets it! A Leo if ever I met one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default The Not So Serious Vent Thread #4

Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    Oops didn't mean to thank. I was going to suggest I have some for you. Coles had chocolate on special so I have 2 blocks of top deck in the cupboard. I'm happy to have a row on your behalf?
    Haha thanks let me know if I enjoyed it 👍

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bigZ View Post
    Haha thanks let me know if I enjoyed it 👍
    You enjoyed it so much you had a second row. You had the willpower though to stop after 2 rows, so good job haha.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

amyd  (30-01-2015),bigZ  (30-01-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (31-01-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (30-01-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    You enjoyed it so much you had a second row. You had the willpower though to stop after 2 rows, so good job haha.
    Great self control, @bigZ!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (30-01-2015),LoveLivesHere  (30-01-2015),M'LadyEm  (30-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmmm that feels so much better now. Just what I needed. I'm so proud of myself for stopping at only 2 rows. Highfive me 😜 haha

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigZ For This Useful Post:

M'LadyEm  (30-01-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (30-01-2015)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Found perfect wedding shoes (I want navy flats or low heel) but the catch... They're Jimmy Choo. I'm ridiculous with money but not that ridiculous. If I wanted those shoes that's 10 people I'd have to cut from the guest list

Why couldn't I have found them at Payless?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    Found perfect wedding shoes (I want navy flats or low heel) but the catch... They're Jimmy Choo. I'm ridiculous with money but not that ridiculous. If I wanted those shoes that's 10 people I'd have to cut from the guest list

Why couldn't I have found them at Payless?
    I went through the same thing with my wedding shoes. My bridesmaids were wearing navy so I wanted navy shoes. The ones I fell in love with were about $600. Needless to say I didn't buy them. I ended up with ivory Alan Pinkus ones (still weren't cheap) as I needed to have my shoes for my dress fittings.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (30-01-2015)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    do you have time to keep looking?? one pair of shoes or ten less people at the wedding?? hard choice !! marie.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I went through the same thing with my wedding shoes. My bridesmaids were wearing navy so I wanted navy shoes. The ones I fell in love with were about $600. Needless to say I didn't buy them. I ended up with ivory Alan Pinkus ones (still weren't cheap) as I needed to have my shoes for my dress fittings.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    do you have time to keep looking?? one pair of shoes or ten less people at the wedding?? hard choice !! marie.
    I've got heaps of time! I just have an awful habit of being difficult to please once I've spotted something I like!

I'll check out that brand @M'LadyEm!