Closed Thread
Page 29 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh great. Dh is working from home today so he can take me to an appointment to get help with pnd & anxiety. Except he now says he's taken panadol as he's 'getting a headache'. For him that is usually a migraine. He absolutely will not take anything stronger than panadol to try & ward it off, we have nurofen & panedine, but no, panadol it has to be. So there goes my appointment. He'll get a migraine & wont be able to drive me & also wont be in any kind of state to stay home & look after ds if I catch the bus there by myself. There is no-one else who can help. My parents are overseas on holiday & everyone else works full time. Oh yay. So fingers crossed something miraculous happens & he doesn't get a migraine!

Edit: oh yay its a migraine. And its a pilot program that ends in February so we cant reschedule. So I guess thats it then. Obviously im just not meant to get help.
    Last edited by heartstringz; 14-01-2015 at 09:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DH asked me over and over again yesterday to take a preg test. I kept telling him there was no point, AF had arrived, blah blah.
    Eventually, I took one and left in on the toilet in the bathroom.
    I know he saw it, as he had to move it to use the toilet. But he hasn't mentioned it.
    Yes, it was negative. I knew it would be. A small part of me is mad at him for making me see that negative for no reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gah I'm all sweaty from cleaning and I've tried feeding DS to sleep on my nice clean bed and now rocking him in the rocking chair. I'm messing up my nice, clean furniture with my sweaty grossness!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Oh great. Dh is working from home today so he can take me to an appointment to get help with pnd & anxiety. Except he now says he's taken panadol as he's 'getting a headache'. For him that is usually a migraine. He absolutely will not take anything stronger than panadol to try & ward it off, we have nurofen & panedine, but no, panadol it has to be. So there goes my appointment. He'll get a migraine & wont be able to drive me & also wont be in any kind of state to stay home & look after ds if I catch the bus there by myself. There is no-one else who can help. My parents are overseas on holiday & everyone else works full time. Oh yay. So fingers crossed something miraculous happens & he doesn't get a migraine!

Edit: oh yay its a migraine. And its a pilot program that ends in February so we cant reschedule. So I guess thats it then. Obviously im just not meant to get help.
    Can you get a taxi and take bub with you? Not ideal but you need to do something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Ring them. Sometimes they can come get you. Especially if they need people or you started a political program

Thanks
    Reviews
    I rang them, they can't come & get me.

Im in Qld, ds legally doesnt have to be in a child restraint in a taxi here. No way known to man am I holding my 6 month old on my lap for a 30 minute cab ride! And if by some miracle I get a cab with a child seat to get there, no guarantee ill get one with a child seat to come home - so then im stuck there with a baby who wont sleep out (who will definitely be overtired by then) for god knows how long until dh or someone with a child seat can come & get us. Not worth the stress.
    Last edited by heartstringz; 14-01-2015 at 10:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I rang them, they can't come & get me.

Im in Qld, ds legally doesnt have to be in a child restraint in a taxi here. No way known to man am I holding my 6 month old on my lap for a 30 minute cab ride! And if by some miracle I get a cab with a child seat to get there, no guarantee ill get one with a child seat to come home - so then im stuck there with a baby who wont sleep out (who will definitely be overtired by then) for god knows how long until dh or someone with a child seat can come & get us. Not worth the stress.
    Book cabs each way with car seats. You deserve this appointment, make it happen Hun

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you?? I got told you just had to wait for one with a car seat to be free, however long that took.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Can you?? I got told you just had to wait for one with a car seat to be free, however long that took.
    You might have a little wait but surely waiting at the other end would be better than missing your appointment entirely.

See if you can book one - at least for the trip there.
    If you can't be sure how long you'll be ask the driver if they can come back and get you. Some do here. I've had several do that both here and in the city. Or they've given me their mobile number to call them directly. And not in a dodgy sleazy way!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Lincolns mummy  (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont know how to manage the wait though. Ds can only stay awake for 90 minutes. The appointment goes for 90 minutes. Its a half hour drive each way on top of that. Ds does not sleep out of the house, unless he's completely exhausted & that involves hysterical screaming until he vomits first. How am I meant to manage that in the middle of the street waiting, or in the back of a cab?