Closed Thread
Page 25 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    What part of "I just need ten minutes to myself" don't my kids understand?

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemum34 View Post
    Trying to drum into DF routine routine routine. One more time for the cheap seats in the back - routine!
    So tonight we bath DS, feed, read stories - where's the swaddle?
    It's in the wash
    Right - in the dryer now?
    Ok so why is it in with a full load that will take 2 hours to dry?
    But I'm being critical!
    So I take everything out of dryer except swaddle.
    DF then lectures me that it needs a few things in it to work properly.
    Well if you knew that genius, why was I fishing a whole load out of it half an hour ago?

I honestly think no one in my house listens to a word I say. Not even the dog.
    Need a backup! Search love to dream swaddle sale and see what comes up. That's how I always bought mine, never paid full price!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemum34 View Post
    Trying to drum into DF routine routine routine. One more time for the cheap seats in the back - routine!
    So tonight we bath DS, feed, read stories - where's the swaddle?
    It's in the wash
    Right - in the dryer now?
    Ok so why is it in with a full load that will take 2 hours to dry?
    But I'm being critical!
    So I take everything out of dryer except swaddle.
    DF then lectures me that it needs a few things in it to work properly.
    Well if you knew that genius, why was I fishing a whole load out of it half an hour ago?

I honestly think no one in my house listens to a word I say. Not even the dog.
    Yes!! I have the same problem with my DF! Routine? What routine?!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DizzyDaisy For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I was too organised and the kids were ready at 7:45.. we don't need to leave until 9 so they've just been following me around asking to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dear people I know who have 'perfectly sleeping babies' - dont look at me like im from another planet when I tell you that I spend all day trying to force ds to go to sleep because thats better than an entire day of overtired hysterical screaming. Dont tell me 'oh just dont bother, he'll go to sleep when he's tired.' No, he wont. You'll never understand the special kind of hell reserved for parents of babies who wont sleep, so dont treat me like im just being ridiculous.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (14-01-2015),DizzyDaisy  (12-01-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (12-01-2015),hangingupsidedown  (12-01-2015),HeavenBlue  (12-01-2015),meow  (13-01-2015),munchkin275  (21-03-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Oh yes, FOB, I'm sorry, I forgot you know everything about everything, and parenting to boot 😳

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Dear people I know who have 'perfectly sleeping babies' - dont look at me like im from another planet when I tell you that I spend all day trying to force ds to go to sleep because thats better than an entire day of overtired hysterical screaming. Dont tell me 'oh just dont bother, he'll go to sleep when he's tired.' No, he wont. You'll never understand the special kind of hell reserved for parents of babies who wont sleep, so dont treat me like im just being ridiculous.
    I love that one. It's my favorite. 'Yeah, just come round for the BBQ/party/dinner etc. chuck him in the pram/porta cot/our cot, he'll be fine! Ours has no worries when we go out'

Ummm no, he won't sleep, he'll be overtired and lose the plot and I'll spend the entire time dealing with him and not enjoying a second of it, thanks. I'd rather stay home.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (12-01-2015),meow  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    I love that one. It's my favorite. 'Yeah, just come round for the BBQ/party/dinner etc. chuck him in the pram/porta cot/our cot, he'll be fine! Ours has no worries when we go out'

Ummm no, he won't sleep, he'll be overtired and lose the plot and I'll spend the entire time dealing with him and not enjoying a second of it, thanks. I'd rather stay home.

Yep. This. Every outing is meticulously planned around dd's naps and sleep time. She is not an easy going baby..she won't just sleep whenever or wherever. When sleep school nurses tell you that your baby is especially difficult then you know you've got a doozy!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hangingupsidedown For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by hangingupsidedown View Post
    Yep. This. Every outing is meticulously planned around dd's naps and sleep time. She is not an easy going baby..she won't just sleep whenever or wherever. When sleep school nurses tell you that your baby is especially difficult then you know you've got a doozy!
    I'm really glad you've said this, because I've been made to feel the idiot because I too plan my days around DS nap and sleep time. I refuse to make him pay the price for my social life. It's gotten so bad we now feel we have to lie to friends as to why we are leaving/not attending because of the flak we get.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (12-01-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    I'm really glad you've said this, because I've been made to feel the idiot because I too plan my days around DS nap and sleep time. I refuse to make him pay the price for my social life. It's gotten so bad we now feel we have to lie to friends as to why we are leaving/not attending because of the flak we get.
    I cop it too. But as far as I'm concerned they aren't the ones that will have to manage a hysterically overtired, screaming baby for the next two days..

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hangingupsidedown For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (12-01-2015),HeavenBlue  (12-01-2015)