Closed Thread
Page 24 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Harvs we reduced his awake time which has helped a tiny bit but he still wont go to sleep for me without rocking. She stepped us through slowly & dh was able to get him down with the shush pat method in the cot, but im still on the rocking.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Ok. It does take time but two weeks should've made a difference. I can't remember exactly where I saw it but there's a graphic on the net which shows optimal time for sleep training. There's no point doing it when they are about to enter a wonder week for example, or when they go into their separation anxiety phase because it simply won't work.

I wonder if he's in that phase atm?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im not sure if he's in a phase, ill try to find the graph

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was in the exact same situation as you heartstringz. I could have written your posts word for word it's actually spooky. My currently 4.5 month old dd was a nightmare. The nurses at sleep school said she was one of the most difficult babies they'd seen in a while. But after 3 days at karitane we got her into a routine and although when we left she was still difficult but greatly improved, i stuck to their advice....And it's like i have a new baby.

The fantastic thing about sleep school is the nurses will teach you strategies but also set a routine which is just as important. You need to be committed to continuing the strategies and routine at home for continued improvement.

Please do pursue this path. I was sceptical like you as I used to have to rock my hysterical baby to sleep..blood curdling screams every single night and day, cosleep with her on me and she'd still wake every hour to two hours screaming. After sleep school she sleeps 3 to 4 hours in her cot, wakes for a bf and goes straight back to sleep, settles with the dummy and gentle patting, has proper naps and is much happier. And so are we. Please call them and tell them the severity of your babies issues. I did this and was in within the fortnight...i'm so grateful for the help i received. I'll never forget it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They have said they have prioritised my family. I have to get the preadmission form completed this weekend & they will get us in as soon as they can. Still not sure but dh says I have to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    They have said they have prioritised my family. I have to get the preadmission form completed this weekend & they will get us in as soon as they can. Still not sure but dh says I have to go.
    http://domesticdivinity.blogspot.com...lparadise.html

I remember reading this blog post about sleep school. It gave a good description of what happens there. Might be good to have a read.

Not sure if link worked, the blog is called "Domestic Divinity", I just googled "domestic divinity sleep school" and it came up.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemum34 View Post
    I love vista print! They just don't do the magical linen and lace folded pocket invitation suite I now have my heart set on hahaha!

I would DIY but I'm not crafty at all and I was left unsupervised with a hot glue gun, I'd end up a red hot gluey mess!

Even those etsy characters charge a fortune!
    I know someone who would love to help!

Heartstringz- fill in that form woman. At least if you go, you wouldn't be wondering about the 'what if's'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Travelled over an hour to meet friends and now we can't get in touch with them...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Travelled over an hour to meet friends and now we can't get in touch with them...
    Did you end up getting onto them?

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Trying to drum into DF routine routine routine. One more time for the cheap seats in the back - routine!
    So tonight we bath DS, feed, read stories - where's the swaddle?
    It's in the wash
    Right - in the dryer now?
    Ok so why is it in with a full load that will take 2 hours to dry?
    But I'm being critical!
    So I take everything out of dryer except swaddle.
    DF then lectures me that it needs a few things in it to work properly.
    Well if you knew that genius, why was I fishing a whole load out of it half an hour ago?

I honestly think no one in my house listens to a word I say. Not even the dog.