Closed Thread
Page 22 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Dear Mr. Polish Hot Donut Man, I asked for plain. Not for jam. You heard me because you made me repeat myself twice. Now when I open the donut to give my little man a treat and find jam I am horribly annoyed. I saw the words between your offsider and think you did this deliberately. Thanks. One tantrum later and my ds doesn't get to try his first ever hot donut. :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    So we paid a second sleep consultant & it still didnt work. A waste of another few hundred dollars. And dh has been home with me for the two weeks since she came & even with his support it hasnt worked.

So currently ds is rolling around his cot yawning & being silly. Ive left him there with the door shut. Ill be going back in in 5 minutes. Thats what they'll do at sleep school might as well get a head start

Edit: oh great & now he's hysterical & wont calm down. Whats the point of sleep school then. Im done. Im done with this.
    Last edited by heartstringz; 10-01-2015 at 07:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Deep breaths Heartstringz. I honestly believed that sleep school couldn't help my ds either...it did.
    I went home with a new baby...no longer overtired.

Did you get a referral?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I got a referral but now I dont see the point. Dh had to come & take over cause he's hysterical & now dh is rocking him & he still wont stop screaming. And thats after 15 minutes of being in his cot with me going in twice. I can only imagine how distressed he'll be at sleep school

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post
    Deep breaths Heartstringz. I honestly believed that sleep school couldn't help my ds either...it did.
    I went home with a new baby...no longer overtired.

Did you get a referral?
    This ^

I never went to sleep school but went to a day service run by child and youth health. Sleep school has an added benefit that if it works while there, you get a chance to reset his natural sleep rhythms. At the moment he's perpetually overtired from not getting enough sleep. Sleep school should give him the sleep he needs while you're there. Then when you get home, you won't have an overtired baby that you can get into a nice little routine that should help.

Have you gone on the cancellation list? Also the good thing about sleep school is they have paediatricians who rule out any health or medical issues first as sleep training won't wit if there's an underlying health issue. Am I right in saying he hasn't been to a paediatrician yet? I can't remember.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I just wanted to add Heartstringz that I never hd to leave my DS to cry once at sleep school. Not all sleep schools empty cc or cio methods. Don't assume that is going to be the only way your DS will repond. Big hugs. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive watched the videos on the sleep school website. They either do settling in arms, which is basically what we are doing already, or they do 'responsive settling' which involves leaving them in their cot for a period of time before going in & reassuring them, which is exactly what I tried this morning. So I honestly dont see the point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hang in there Heartstringz. Not all sleep schools are about letting them cry it out.
    Right now he is so tired he needs to reset his body clock and this is what sleep school with help with along with tips for you regarding his tired signs and cues.
    Do you have a friend who can do a night and you can get some time away?
    Did he settle for the nurse?
    If I am near you I will happily help out and give you a break.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Ive watched the videos on the sleep school website. They either do settling in arms, which is basically what we are doing already, or they do 'responsive settling' which involves leaving them in their cot for a period of time before going in & reassuring them, which is exactly what I tried this morning. So I honestly dont see the point.
    The point is he needs sleep and you can not keep going like this.
    It might take a week or more at sleep school hun, one sleep isn't going to fix it xx

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (10-01-2015),amyd  (10-01-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    This ^

I never went to sleep school but went to a day service run by child and youth health. Sleep school has an added benefit that if it works while there, you get a chance to reset his natural sleep rhythms. At the moment he's perpetually overtired from not getting enough sleep. Sleep school should give him the sleep he needs while you're there. Then when you get home, you won't have an overtired baby that you can get into a nice little routine that should help.

Have you gone on the cancellation list? Also the good thing about sleep school is they have paediatricians who rule out any health or medical issues first as sleep training won't wit if there's an underlying health issue. Am I right in saying he hasn't been to a paediatrician yet? I can't remember.
    But did you read this part @heartstringz? This is an excellent point. It will be like pressing a giant reset button. Even if you take away just one strategy that will help you then it will be worth it. And if he is able to get sleep, then you will see it is possible and that should give you some extra juice in the tank to persevere.

You can't keep going like this. I wish I could help you.