Closed Thread
Page 12 of 100 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A kind-of friend always complains privately about her husband not getting up to the kids when everyone in the house except him is sick (which is often!), or him going out doing fun stuff and leaving her at home with 3 kids when she needs to study at uni exam time. Then puts photos up on facebook exclaiming that he's the best husband, best dad ever, and most gorgeous blah blah blah. He's never going to learn that he's actually a sh!tty husband if she keeps carrying on like that, and it makes me feel like telling her I don't want to hear her vents! I feel like I can't mention the great things my husband does to her as she doesn't have that. Like I said, she's a "kind-of" friend so it doesn't impact me hugely but it's just annoying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    My car seat doesn't move because it on top of the engine. I am so uncomfortable and I want to put it back a little.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    We have no milk because dp wanted a milo which meant i couldn't have a cup of tea. I am in my pjs and know i should get dressed and get some as clearly dp isn't going to go after he said he would he is too concerned about sitting on his laptop which he has done all day. Thankfully i spared some milk for ds for his breakfast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kmart has no summer baby clothes anymore, its all winter stuff. How odd. Summer still has ages to go & what are people meant to buy for their babies to wear while its still hot?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (28-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Kmart has no summer baby clothes anymore, its all winter stuff. How odd. Summer still has ages to go & what are people meant to buy for their babies to wear while its still hot?
    It drives mead how early winter clothes are bought in!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (28-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My MIL has ruined our leg of ham- I noticed today (she cut a heap up so I hadn't touched it since Xmas eve) she stored it in a ham bag- but didn't add any water or vinegar and it has completely dried out.
    Apparently DH did mention to her when she was putting it away the ham bag needed to be kept damp but she ignored his advice

She also cut up almost the first half of ham all at once in Xmas eve (a whole 2l container worth) even though I told her the ham is nicer cut up fresh on the day as it's needed- it was expected to last us for a week or two- but she's so incredibly anal and likes to do everything in advance and "be organised"

So basically we spent $75 for ham but only had a small amount Xmas eve and that was it. One whole half was cut up and now gone yuck and the other half has dried out. Thanks MIL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    My MIL has ruined our leg of ham- I noticed today (she cut a heap up so I hadn't touched it since Xmas eve) she stored it in a ham bag- but didn't add any water or vinegar and it has completely dried out.
    Apparently DH did mention to her when she was putting it away the ham bag needed to be kept damp but she ignored his advice

She also cut up almost the first half of ham all at once in Xmas eve (a whole 2l container worth) even though I told her the ham is nicer cut up fresh on the day as it's needed- it was expected to last us for a week or two- but she's so incredibly anal and likes to do everything in advance and "be organised"

So basically we spent $75 for ham but only had a small amount Xmas eve and that was it. One whole half was cut up and now gone yuck and the other half has dried out. Thanks MIL
    If you cut the dried up but off the outside it should be fine.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (29-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default The Not So Serious Vent Thread #4

I'm flicking through Dan Churchill's recipe book (which is amazing) but it annoys me that the pictures don't match the recipes. E.g. This one says "to serve, add some caramelised onions on top of the frittata and sprinkle over the feta and remaining chives" yet there are no feta or chives on this frittata!

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1419766419.437398.jpg
    Last edited by JR03; 28-12-2014 at 21:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wish dh enjoyed hanging out with us without distraction (phone, TV etc). He always has to be doing something or else he says it's a waste of a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    So annoyed. I planed dinner around the chicken breast I brought yesterday. Went to use it and it's off.