+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would say a good 4 weeks I felt in pain, but had stopped walking hunched over and was taking paracetamol intermittently and at 6 weeks I was only just beginning to feel 'normal' again. I have heard that when it's your first baby by c/section, if you have strong abdominal muscles and/or if you have a breech presentation and a bit more force and maneuvering needed, it can be a bit of a longer recovery.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (15-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Uniquey View Post
    if you have strong abdominal muscles and/or if you have a breech presentation and a bit more force and maneuvering needed, it can be a bit of a longer recovery.
    Interesting. With DD I had great abs and she was breech, DS was breech too. That may explain why I have painful recoveries.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Could well be @delirium, I was the same as you (strong abs/bub breech) and couldn't understand why everybody else seemed to be recovering faster and with less pain than me .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm one week post and am still taking pain relief and am still sore, it's reassuring to know that most people are similar recovery wise

6. The Following User Says Thank You to French Pear For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (15-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    By 1 week pp I felt pretty good and had no pain that required pain relief (planned c section with a breech bub).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had 2 EMCS, but didn't get to active labour either time, so no pushing etc.

My first I was on Panadol for a couple of weeks after. My 2nd I needed panadiene now and then (usually later in the day when worn out) for about 2 weeks then panadol for a bit longer - but I wasn't trying to be a hero and tough it out like the 1st time.

1st I was driving out of necessity 10 days after. The first week was better with my 2nd (better drugs) but from then on both were about the same.

By 2 weeks I could get up without grimacing.
    By 3 weeks a 15 minute walk no longer felt like an Everest expidition.
    By 6 weeks I *could* do most of what I would normally do, generally modified to avoid straining my tummy area. Plus was still bleeding and if I did too much in a day it would turn bright red again.
    With my 1st I started Yoga again at 8 weeks but it was at least 4-5 months before I no longer needed to modify poses to avoid pain/strain feeling.
    With my 1st by 6 months I was no longer aware on a daily basis of the fact that I had had major ab surgery. By 12 months I felt like I'd never had it.
    With my 2nd I was still having strong 1 sided strain-type pains on certain movements 6 months later. I saw a physio and it most likely was ligament damage, exercises didn't really help and now at 18 months I still get the pain if I move a certain way.

Both babies needed forceps to get them out and with my 1st I remember the midwife almost on top of me to push DD out. This may have made my recover worse? I had no infections etc though.

I didn't feel like my recoveries were bad (I thought they were just normal), I just got on and went about my days (after the initial recovery) and made the adjust,ents I needed to, but I do still have the general opinion that I wouldn't wish a CS recovery on my worst enemy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Uniquey View Post
    I have heard that when it's your first baby by c/section, if you have strong abdominal muscles and/or if you have a breech presentation and a bit more force and maneuvering needed, it can be a bit of a longer recovery.
    I was told this too by some 'caring' people when we found out I was needing a csect (ds was footling breech) I didn't need to be told when I was already severely anxious over the whole thing that I would probably have a longer recovery because of his being breech It does make sense but thankfully I didn't fall into that category

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on panadol and voltaren regularly for 2 weeks after a 5 night hospital stay. By a week or so post csec I felt good with minimal pain, just got achy and tired easily. I would say closer to 4-5 weeks before I felt no pain or discomfort. Biggest thing is to stay on top of the pain. My OB said keep taking the pain meds when you get home because once you start getting sore/stiff its harder to get on top of.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh, don't me wrong, I didn't post it to cause anyone anxiety over prospective c/sections, or to have it deemed as gospel, it was me musing about my recovery and the 'possible' explanation I was given by caregivers/medical fraternity not well meaning friends or anything.

I know all too well the anxiety and fear of the unknown and I found hearing the risks of c/sect was said far more to me than anything about recovery/times, so threads like these can be a source of comfort and or advice for those wanting to hear of others experiences and as is evident throughout this thread, everybody is different and everyone's recoveries are evident of that.

Good news to hear your recovery went well though @michellek.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

michellek  (15-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was up and walking by lunch the next day, my CS was an emergency CS in the evening the night before. Never really had pain, more the fear of pain and worrying I'd pop a stitch. For this reason I kept up the pain relief when I got home for about a week to 10 days, panadol and nurofen only. For those 10 day or so I did find it difficult to get out of bed and if I dropped something on the floor it ceased to exist until someone picked it up for me. Again this was mainly out of fear of pulling those stomach muscles too much though. By the end of 2 weeks I felt like I had full range of movement back and definitely no pain. The only thing that bothered me from then on for a long time was that my scar itched sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app