+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Santa sacks - to wrap or not to wrap?

Ok this is a pretty trivial question, but for those of you who use Santa sacks at Christmas, do you wrap the presents that go inside them?
    This is the first year my family is using Santa sacks for the kids - in the past all presents have been left wrapped under the tree.
    I think Santa sacks are a great idea but am wondering if unwrapping gifts is half the fun?
    What do you do??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I still wrap presents inside the sack. Unwrapping is half the fun and surprise and if they are all unwrapped to start with, its over way too quick!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't wrap any presents from Santa, so the kids' "big" present each year and the trinkets in their stockings are left unwrapped.

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    First year using a sack for us too and I have wrapped them, figured it would be more exciting to unwrap them...
    They get the 'big' gift from us under the tree and the sack is from Santa in their bedroom 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I dont wrap the sack stuff. I wrap everything but the sack stuff as who wants to wrap a bouncy ball? Marbles etc? Definately not me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha ha I have this issue too!
    We always had big presents wrapped under the tree & unwrapped presents in the Santa sack, but DH's family wraps the contents of the Santa sack.
    I think I'm going to cave to the pressure & wrap the contents of the Santa sack!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still undecided on if I will wrap or not.

DD is nearly 3 now so I need to make a decision and stick to it for this and future years Christmas.

I think I'll wrap because it makes it just that bit more exciting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a wrapper. Its fun unwrapping

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used a sack for DS's presents last year and didn't wrap them. Bigger items that don't fit get wrapped but I find DS gets over unwrapping pretty quickly and just loved delving into the bag.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As a kid it was always the thing for us to sneak out before parents got up and look in our sack. It gave parents a bit of a sleep in after staying up so late. After a quick look we would get breakfast them take our sack into mum and tip it out. Though all 5 of us wouldn't fit so me and my older sister gave up on that and helped the younger 3 enjoy theirs. After mum got up we would open the stuff under the tree. One from parents one from Santa and any others we got sent. I have never wanted to wrap sack stuff but I do put in a few lucky dip things if I have them.