+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh the ladies are just so helpful in here aren't they! I've learnt so so much in my time with BH. I did that marriage course too @angelz969 but because it was awhile before we were talking babies, I didn't remember too much. I think because we TTC now, everything is just being soaked up like a sponge

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clucky_duck For This Useful Post:

grace  (12-01-2015),unicornsandrainbows  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

I'm very new to this so bear with me if at times I sound lost . I'm TTC for #2 with my DP (1st for him). I already have a 9yo daughter from a previous relationship (she was a surprise baby). Both me and DP are in our late 20s.

The reason why I'm here is because earlier in the afternoon (@ 12 dpo) I had a very light bleed which surprised me as AF always (regular cycle here btw) shows up with a heavy bleed and painful cramps on Day 1. I never experience light bleeds or spotting beforehand. This came as a total surprise, even though it is possible for AF to show up early as it's due on the 14th. I'm slightly devastated at the possibility of impending heavy flow AF and at the same time hanging on to that itsy bitsy glimmer of hope that I might just be experiencing implantation bleed (lots of google-ing - hence why I ended up here). What do you think?

December 2014 was our 1st month of "actual" trying, meaning we stopped using protection the past few months and just took in each day without worries and then one day we just decided to be serious and start giving it a try.

I will be testing tomorrow to find out, if the bleeding does not turn into a real period of some sort. It was so easy for me to conceive DD even though she was unplanned; To think that I was young at that time and didn't keep track of my cycle and everything else TTC related. Now just feels different, for the first time I am scared for AF to show up .

Anyways enough about me. I congratulate all those who got their BFPs so far! and baby dust to those who will be trying again in their next cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a day late, but have decided to wait until the 19th to test in case my body is just being a little mean.

My breasts feel very sore though, a little different to my usual AF signs. It started about a week ago with only one nipple being sensitive, but the last two days, it's become both of my breasts feeling very tender away from the nipple (which it not usual for me). Also, the tenderness fades about 4-5 days before the arrival of AF.

I have slight constipation too (but I also suffer from IBS). I tried going for a blood test on Saturday, but my doctor advised to wait until the 19th - so that's what I'm doing if my AF doesn't show up by then.

I'm just hoping my brain isn't over-thinking things too much. I've felt a bit nauseated the last week or so, even despite my Nexium, but I'm wondering if that'd from the pre-natal vitamins I'm taking.

But...only time will tell in this case. I'm trying to stay calm and prepare for a possible undesirable turnout - just to be aware of the possible disappointment I still could have.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HopefulMama For This Useful Post:

Miss Ess  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    10 dpo and so tired and snappy. Not very hungry and i keep getting a odd taste in my mouth. 10 days of consistent high temps come on bfp! lol

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LucyDiamonds For This Useful Post:

Bub077  (13-01-2015),WanabeMumma  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyDiamonds View Post
    10 dpo and so tired and snappy. Not very hungry and i keep getting a odd taste in my mouth. 10 days of consistent high temps come on bfp! lol
    Oh a few good signs there! I've been a bit irritable, but nothing that I can really count as a sign. But I've also been constantly tired and spontaneously napping every few hours. The wait is becoming torturous. Lol.

I wish you the best of luck for that BFP!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HopefulMama For This Useful Post:

LucyDiamonds  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone. When does everyone recommend you test for the best results? My period was due yesterday and still no sign of it.
    I've been pregnant twice before, and both ended in miscarriages so I'm a little nervous...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not normally an early tester but if cycle goes back to 'normal' this month AF is due the day we leave on our short cruise holiday I also notice it says you require a doctors letter that you're fit to travel if pregnant. Will probably just ignore this I guess as it's not like anyone will be able to tell IF I am.

So how early can you do a reasonably accurate test so I can be prepared? I haven't been able to notice ovulation myself but the FS said it would be around day 16 for me based on BT and my cycle length.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babymummatobe View Post
    Hey everyone. When does everyone recommend you test for the best results? My period was due yesterday and still no sign of it.
    I've been pregnant twice before, and both ended in miscarriages so I'm a little nervous...
    Most definitely a FRER ( first response early tester ) can detect as low as a 5 hcg i believe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyDiamonds View Post
    Most definitely a FRER ( first response early tester ) can detect as low as a 5 hcg i believe.
    Plus they are the cheapest you can buy in box of 3 at Chemist Warehouse, so you can stock up and re-test to torture yourself if at first you get a BFN.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! It's bucketing down where I live so I popped into my local chemist and just grabbed a box of 3. They only had one brand. Just did a test. Set my timer. Went back and I can see the faintest line. So faint I almost thought I was imagining it lol! Will test again in the morning and hopefully get a better result.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babymummatobe For This Useful Post:

Miss Ess  (13-01-2015),WanabeMumma  (13-01-2015)