+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default onging UTIs feeling hopeless

I have had 4 uti since july and 2 kidney infections 1 last year and 1 early this year which evetually led to the Dr putting me on a low dose long term antibiotic for 3 monthsto try and end it for good. I finished those a few weeks ago and now bam I am feeling the familiar I need to pee all the time feeling of a UTI I cant get into the dr until the week after Christmas for a diagnosis but I know I have another one . I just feel like I will never be rid of this infection.I do all the things I have been told wipe front to back wee after sex cotton undies drink heaps of water.
    it is getting me so down that everytime the antibiotics finish another infection flares up.
    I am after advice and tips or anything else that may cause them or if there is something I can ask the dr to test??

p.s ihave started drinking cranberry juice too it is sunrise brand?? it says cranberry juice drink is that ok??

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

I have had a few lately too. is super annoying

I find actually just drinking heaps of water and taking cranberry tablets does help.

its hard though - especially if they are developing into kidney infections

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You poor thing Have you tried taking cranberry tablets? I've heard they work quite well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default onging UTIs feeling hopeless

Hiprex!
    Cranberry tablets (drink can have too much sugar in it which can contribute)
    Lots of water
    Always pee after s.ex
    Wipe front to back
    Undie free time!
    Low sugar diet

I did all these things and they helped a great deal, there's nothing worse then getting them all the time! 😞

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to get these all the time. What worked for me was inner health plus. If that didn't work my next step was to see a urologist. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    High dose good quality probiotics

See a natropath

See a urologist

Good luck xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You need to try and get into a Dr, you can't wait until after Christmas or you risk another kidney infection. The advice given is great for prevention but you need more ABs of you have a UTI.

I can't believe that with your history you have not been sent to a Urologist for further testing.
    I too find that drinking lots of water helps to prevent them because urinating constantly drains the bladder. I have an obstruction (found by CT scan) that causes urine to flow back up into the kidneys. One kidney is larger than the other (because of the back flow) but functions well.

I would be asking for a referral right away as your kidney function may be impaired. It's horrible.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (14-12-2014),KitiK  (14-12-2014),Purple Lily  (14-12-2014)