+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea my daughter doesn't get out of bed till 7:30 but she's awake at 7

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Living with your parents would be hard. When is bub #2 due?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does she wake during the night or sleep from 9-7:30?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSS For This Useful Post:

bron196  (12-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's extremely hard!! I deserve a medal for lasting this long :/
    Baby 2 is due late April

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bron196 View Post
    Ok so yea I was referring to the supernanny technique
    So it actually works?

And routine of night time is
    5:30-6 dinner
    6:30-7 bath
    7:30-8 relax time with bottle and her favourite Peppa pig show
    8-9:30 trying to get to her to sleep by getting her into my bed and cuddling her till she falls asleep..
    That's if my parents are being quiet enough outside because if she can hear their voices she wants to go out to them
    What about the day nap? This is key to making night bed time easier.

I would give milk (not in a bottle but that's for another thread) no later than 7. Give your child 1/2 hour of independent Play after finishing the milk drink. Then bed.

To be honest I would start cracking the whip. Put your daughter to sleep in her own bed. The same time every night. Stay with her cuddling for 10 minutes or so if needed. Stop cuddling to sleep. Sing the same song/ give the same special cuddle every night. Do things exactly the same. Be prepared for some protest but stick with it: it can take up to a week for a new routine to take effect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSS View Post
    Does she wake during the night or sleep from 9-7:30?
    She doesn't wake up at all during the night
    Except for when she's in her bed and she wonders into my room around 5:30 in the morning but falls straight back to sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    She doesn't wake up at all during the night
    Except for when she's in her bed and she wonders into my room around 5:30 in the morning but falls straight back to sleep
    Put your child to bed where you intend her to wake (in her own bed?). If your tot falls asleep in one place, with a sleep aid (being patted/cuddled to sleep) then when the heaviest part of the sleep is over (after 8 hours etc) then if your tot wakes between sleep cycles she will think "wtf... Where am I.. Why aren't I being cuddled?" And that's why the wandering into your room at 5:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's extremely hard!! I deserve a medal for lasting this long :/
    Baby 2 is due late April
    It is crazy hard!!!!!

Whatever you do stuck with it - you need to be consistent and change can take time.

We aim to have our son asleep by the 7pm bus.

It would be hard with other people in the house though. I don't envy you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    What about the day nap? This is key to making night bed time easier.

I would give milk (not in a bottle but that's for another thread) no later than 7. Give your child 1/2 hour of independent Play after finishing the milk drink. Then bed.

To be honest I would start cracking the whip. Put your daughter to sleep in her own bed. The same time every night. Stay with her cuddling for 10 minutes or so if needed. Stop cuddling to sleep. Sing the same song/ give the same special cuddle every night. Do things exactly the same. Be prepared for some protest but stick with it: it can take up to a week for a new routine to take effect.
    Yea I need to because there's some nights me and my partner get no Us time we just fall asleep from being so exhausted...

And she still has formula (another thing I know I shouldn't be doing at her age) but she doesn't like real milk unless it's got flavouring and I'm not one to give her things like that..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd just follow what the other ladies have said, be consistent and it should work. I have to start this as soon as I'm on maternity leave.

My dd is nearly 3 and I'm six months pregnant and she is doing the same, EXCEPT she wakes maybe twice a night, sometimes more.

I sympathise.