+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Helppp!! Tired mum here.

ok so I need a better routine for my 2 and half year old for getting to sleep of a night time...
    I'm pregnant with my second
    Things have been crazy so we are living still with my parents until my partner and I can move out on our own...
    My daughter is extremely spoilt by her grandparents as they all are but even more because she lives with hers
    I don't want the routine I have now with her when the new baby comes I won't cope nor will my partner
    And not only that there won't be any at all relax time
    She now goes to bed in my bed with me laying down beside her cuddling her my partner isn't allowed to be in the room or she'll cry until he leaves
    And some nights because of my parents being so loud as normal older people will be because they no longer need to be in bed by 8max they have themselves eating later etc which leaves me to being able to get my daughter to sleep some nights by 9:30 even as late as 10pm
    It's really draining especially pregnant

I need help!! How do you get your little ones to sleep?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    What is your daughters day sleeps like? Perhaps it's time to cut the sleep if it's still happening?

My first suggestion would be to move out. Living with parents/in laws is a recipe for disaster. If that's not possible then in priority order (most to least important):
    - get the day nap right. Right time/length/finish time.
    - short, simple, low maintenance/stimulating bedtime routine. Keep it the same night after night after night.
    - make sure your dd is getting enough of your time during the day. Perhaps 10 minutes of concentrated one on one time after dinner.
    - don't pander to your DS's demands. Especially about your partner being in the room. Make sure she has a favourite comfort toy and wean back on the staying with her until she is asleep at night. She needs to learn to self settle.
    - have active play between dinner finishing and bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes we are looking at moving out before February we can't wait to get out of here!
    She is way too spoilt and because my parents don't like punishment (not that they never punished us kids) so I don't punish (not that I need to punish her but she does some very naughty things a lot and she is very spoilt and copies Peppa pig a lot) my child because I don't like getting looked down upon so yes moving out is definitely a must

And she has a sleep during the day but unfortunately I can't get her to fall asleep until 2:30-3 then she doesn't wake up till 4:30 some times
    Which I already know is a big no no at her age...
    She's such an angle most the time she just needs to be ironed out a little
    I can say a lot of things will be changing when we move out especially with punishment and sleep times etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    What's dd may I ask?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just don't know how other mums do it when it comes to putting their baby to sleep
    She has a bed where she can get out of
    So I can't just put her in her cot and she can't get out

Do I put her in her bed and sit beside her or do I walk out and if she follows go put her back in repeatedly?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bron196 View Post
    What's dd may I ask?
    Dear daughter

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Qwerty  (12-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What's dd may I ask?
    Darling daughter.

What's her day like? Bedtime, nap time and awake time?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Qwerty For This Useful Post:

bron196  (12-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I just don't know how other mums do it when it comes to putting their baby to sleep
    She has a bed where she can get out of
    So I can't just put her in her cot and she can't get out

Do I put her in her bed and sit beside her or do I walk out and if she follows go put her back in repeatedly?
    Unused to do the supernanny technique.

First time "it's bedtime darling"
    Second time: "bedtime"
    Third time: say nothing, put child back in bed.

To be honest though until I simplified the night routine it was still a struggle.

What is your night routine?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so yea I was referring to the supernanny technique
    So it actually works?

And routine of night time is
    5:30-6 dinner
    6:30-7 bath
    7:30-8 relax time with bottle and her favourite Peppa pig show
    8-9:30 trying to get to her to sleep by getting her into my bed and cuddling her till she falls asleep..
    That's if my parents are being quiet enough outside because if she can hear their voices she wants to go out to them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is my 25 month old day:

Up at 6am.

Nap 12.30-2.30.

Bath 6.15
    Milk 6.30.
    Stories and in bed at 6.45.
    Asleep at 7.

What time is your daughter awake?