+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @anewme I'm so sorry you and your daughter are experiencing this.
    It's so ridiculously and unnecessarily complicated.
    Can the mental health service she's linked with advocate on her behalf? Or recommend an advocate who can?
    I agree with others about contacting your local member, making a formal written complaint to Centrelink, as well as relevant state and federal MPs. I know it seems like overkill and all of you must be exhausted, but it may yield a decent response or outcome.
    It's unacceptable that in this country, receiving assistance is so hard.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (13-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry that CL have messed you around so much, it would be terribly frustrating for both your daughter and yourself. I wish there is something I could do to help. You can request to have one point of contact with CL I have, I deal with the same person each time when it comes to my family benefits (this happened after I lodged a complaint through their complaint line) I was getting messed around and they kept cutting my payments and changing my payment dates. Much easier now as this one person knows everything and is much more helpful than the other drongos I was getting.

I hope you can sort it all out

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MichelleClareBear For This Useful Post:

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    @anewme I'm so sorry. Hang in there.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Is the issue because she isn't yet 22? When I got pregnant and lost my job I wasn't able to get any assistance until I turned 22 or had my baby, which ever came first as that is what they now class as being an independent.

Are you trying to arrange existing payments or trying to get one?. Sorry for all the questions just trying to see if I can help.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DreamyMummy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hugs it really sucks when all you're trying to do is find the right information to help your DD.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Contact your local federal member and request a meeting. Hopefully they can advocate on your behalf, although it won't be a quick solution, it may help.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bounty For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-12-2014),LoveLivesHere  (13-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be very careful how far you push things TBH, with federal MP's. I've known people to do similar then next thing you know government has taken over control of everything. (Made themselves enduring power of attorneys).

I would do that as a step one for now. So you can access EVERYTHING for her. Help her. I tried googling the welfare rights it wouldn't let me.

As a nominee you have access, all the access. My mum is mine. Even now. I've been on disability since I was 16. Not study payments.

Book app with social worker. They might help you with your claim. You can still work on disability but due to Tony Abbott he's phasing us out. Mine got cut off this week for review 😡 just in time for Xmas thanks.

Hang in there 💕

14. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is such a horrible situation for you and your dd! Have you been dealing with social workers or just the general staff at c/link? I would have thought she would be eligible for job seeker (depending on current hrs worked) with medical exemption to job seek.,, at least to get her through to a time where a stable plan is in place. Does your dd have any support workers where she is located which can advocate for her at her local centreline?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pmakes3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear what's happening with your daughter and the stuff ups from center link. As a nominee you should have enough access to enquire about anything and if you are a correspondence nominee you would be getting all mail sent to her. I would highly recommend soaking to social work. Ring through on families line and ask to be put through to social work. You don't need to give a reason either.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Argh! Centrelink can be so frustrating!

Big cuddles and I hope you can get it sorted it out xxxx

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post: