I've been in such a reading slump 😕

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    I've been in such a reading slump 😕
    Me too! I'm still reading the book I started in March. It's really interesting, I just haven't had time. Moving house on Tuesday...packing up 10 years of our lives. 😁

I have 5 very large boxes of books and donated 2 others to Lifeline.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    So you've been publicly shamed- Jon Ronson

I read heaps in May! Quite a lot of children's and YA books as I felt I'd been neglecting my reading for work. The standout was probably the last book- So you've been publicly shamed. Essential reading for anyone who uses the Internet!
    I had been thinking about ordering that one! I think I will now

I'm reading A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore at the moment. First of his books I've read. Pretty good so far.

I usually read mostly humorous fantasy, but in May I read a few books I wouldn't normally read and discovered some I really liked.

Dress Shop of Dreams by Mena Van Praag
    First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen
    Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
    The Atlantis Complex by Eoin Colfer
    The Last Guardian by Eoin Colfer
    Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
    Plus a couple of Richard Laymon books I re-read that I haven't read for about 10 years.

I've got almost 60 books lined up on my bookshelf to read at the moment I should probably stop buying books......no....never!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat74 View Post
    Me too! I'm still reading the book I started in March. It's really interesting, I just haven't had time. Moving house on Tuesday...packing up 10 years of our lives. 😁

I have 5 very large boxes of books and donated 2 others to Lifeline.
    Ah the dreaded packing.

What sucks is all my books are reserved from library so I'll have to return without reading and that's a pet peeve I do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I finally finally got around to reading my first book since DS was born, only 6 months ago!

I took some recommendations here and read Burial Rites which is not normally something I would choose and I was hooked. I thought it was a real page turner, obviously not the happiest of stories but I did enjoy the read.

Also I borrowed the book from the library and it has been forever since I read an actual hard copy book and I found it more enjoyable than an ebook. I think it's the physical part of turning a page that is the whole part of really reading and I never feel as satisfied when reading an ebook. Anyone else find this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @French Pear, yes, I love the smell of new books (and even old musty ones from the library) but the feel of the paper and also reading and feeling like you're progressing because you can look at where your bookmark is and appreciate where you're at, whether it be halfway, near the end, whatever. Although not so much when it's a really good book and you've only got a few pages left but you don't want the story to end.

During our move my husband said I should buy a Kindle and start buying eBooks instead, because moving all of these was an epic chore. Three days post-move and they're still in boxes... But I don't want to give up physical books. I just can't get into the Kindle. I get that it's practical but I like old-school reading.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cool thread! I'm just starting the Sookie Stackhouse books and really like the first book so far (please no spoulers?!) I also recently read The Rosie Project which I really enjoyed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I might jump in here...

Best book I've read this year - and for several years - is The Secret History by Donna Tartt (author of The Goldfinch).

Everything I Never Told You was great.

Also read Missoula by Jon Krakeur - it's about college rape in America and how it's dealt with.

I'm currently reading We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves.

I'll add more when I think of them or start them!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    I might jump in here...

Best book I've read this year - and for several years - is The Secret History by Donna Tartt (author of The Goldfinch).

Everything I Never Told You was great.

Also read Missoula by Jon Krakeur - it's about college rape in America and how it's dealt with.

I'm currently reading We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves.

I'll add more when I think of them or start them!
    The secret history is one of my all time faves the goldfinch I had such mixed feelings about.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (21-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    Oh I really liked that one! Good read
    Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    I've enjoyed all her other books as well. Have you read any of them?

Ive just finished Brilliant little lies and The husbands secret. Now I'm reading What Alice forgot! They're awesome books.