+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nette View Post
    Usually keep trying. Though lately I don't have enough time to read as it is, so I'm not wasting time on rubbish.
    I am starting to feel this. Its about the third time I have tried to read this book and I am just not enjoying it. Really tempted to move on but then again I dont want to be defeated hy a book

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Me&Smooches View Post
    If you don't enjoy a book do you move on to another or keep trting to get through it?
    If the first chapter doesn't grab me I stop reading it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am starting to feel this. Its about the third time I have tried to read this book and I am just not enjoying it. Really tempted to move on but then again I dont want to be defeated hy a book
    10%. I read 10% no matter if I hate the first part. Then I allow myself to give up and hide it away never to be seen again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What's the book called?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If you don't enjoy a book do you move on to another or keep trting to get through it?
    I generally persist and get through it. There are a couple of books I can think of (Cloud Atlas, The Book Thief) that were really hard to get into but were absolutely brilliant reads. I don't like to give up on them. Sometimes they just take a while to get going.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat74 View Post
    I generally persist and get through it. There are a couple of books I can think of (Cloud Atlas, The Book Thief) that were really hard to get into but were absolutely brilliant reads. I don't like to give up on them. Sometimes they just take a while to get going.
    Cloud Atlas was one that I recently gave up on. I was trying to read it while up feeding DD. Maybe now we have a better routine I should try again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just finished this book which is totally not the usual thing I go for but, I'm on doctor-ordered bed rest and a friend dropped me off a random selection of books to help keep me sane so I started with this one....

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1420410199.359103.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1420410272.015528.jpg

It was amazing and such an eye opener! It is told by interviewing many children (at the time) who survived and tells their experiences and how they felt, equally from both/all sides in a very honest way. It has pictures scattered throughout too....I can't imagine any other book giving a better insight into how it really was to live through it all. Great read.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nette View Post
    Cloud Atlas was one that I recently gave up on. I was trying to read it while up feeding DD. Maybe now we have a better routine I should try again.
    Cloud Atlas was hard because of all the different characters' storylines. It sort of feels like it jumps around a bit until you start to see how they're intertwined. Great book, but certainly hard going to begin with.

I don't know if you've ever read any of the Game of Thrones books but they're the same - each chapter (and some are very, very long chapters) told from the perspective of one character, which you may not hear from again for 300+ pages. They take a while to get into but so much better than the TV series, and different in the way some of the characters develop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    What's the book called?
    Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling

I have given up on it twice before and a couple others that that I really didnt enjoy but we were reading them for a book club I was in. Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel I think it was and Eatb pray Love

Thanks
    Reviews
    Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling

I have given up on it twice before and a couple others that that I really didnt enjoy but we were reading them for a book club I was in. Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel I think it was and Eatb pray Love
    I gave up on this as well.