+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Known Egg Donation?

Hi everyone I have a couple of questions....
    I have been considering finding an egg donor and the SA clinic sounds great BUT I would really like any future child to be able to contact the donor. I was wondering if anyone had already used a clinic that would provide known donors? Or does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm just scoping out some ideas before I present them to my partner, I think he may take some persuading and I'm not sure I have the energy to go down this road either.....

Also, we really don't want twins as I already have a toddler and it seems most of these clinics seem to encourage double transfers. Obviously I could just ask for 1 but the thought of having to travel all the way back to X country for another transfer seems like a big risk......... anyone else had that dilemma?

thanks in advance everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Bongley,
    Have you checked out www.eggdonationaustralia.com.au ? There is also a facebook group.

Its a fantastic community and you will find a ton of info on all things egg donation.

My understanding is that AU clinics will encourage you to find your own donor and the above forum is a wonderful place to start.

I am a known donor, happy to answer any questions you may have re the process etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks @CupidsVictim I registered this morning to that site, just waiting for it to be authorised.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    thanks @CupidsVictim I registered this morning to that site, just waiting for it to be authorised.
    I think global egg donors use known donors or the world egg bank.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to follow up on my original post that I found a local known donor on eggdonationaustralia.com it is indeed a great community and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a donor. Egg donor angels is also a great site.

It took about 3 months of my ad being up to find a lovely lady (well, she found me) and then another couple of months to get appointments and blood tests sorted out. Just about to start our first cycle next week.