+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Pool fencing is a band aid no ampunt of fencing can be a parents ears or eyes.nor can it do cpr. A baby should be taught to float in bath water it can be filled to more than 3o cm or 300 mm .cars are not fenced yet lil lives are so innocently taken as was my 363 day old granddaughter she is now my lil angel. Swimming lessons are way cheaper than any pool fencing. I beleive responsibility lies with the owner of the child.we as parents teach our children stranger danger , we now have technology in. Our cars to see whats behind them but we dont teach our children to float in their bath water it can and usually is filled to. More than 30 cm yet we. Buy swimmg pools ,take our lil ones to unfenced beaches i coiuld go on &on moral of story be responsible for your own lil ones

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sorry Donna but bandaides are needed sometimes. It takes two seconds for a child to chase after a ball, fall in and hit their head, no amount of swimming survival skills will save someone unconscious in the water

3. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

jellybelly90  (16-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My son could float when he fell into the pool and still freaked out. Barriers are a prevention not a mitigation - it removes the hazard whilst in place, so your analogy is flawed. DH was next to DS when it happened. He was in for a matter of seconds and it has taken nearly 2 years for DS to get over his phobia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had the exact same situation and if you look on my page you'll find my post from 2012. Huge response and some people did tell me I was being unreasonable (not many though). I have unfortunately had exposure to child drownings through my work. They are fast, silent and terrifying. You are not overreacting and even if they get a fence I wouldn't be leaving my child there as I wouldn't trust them to leave the gate closed. My inlaws finally got a fence after I told them I was going to stop bringing DS to their house.