+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ajq View Post
    Hi, MrsErinR, thanks a lot for your reply and encouragement. I will keep trying and will let you know how it goes. My husband did all the tests ,dr said his sperms are super good . i am going to do karotype (not sure the spelling ) and NKC test soon. I actually got pregnant when I was in my mid 20s, but too young to have baby i was really scared and had abortion. I didn't realize, just after a few years later, i can't get pregnant! so sad!I felt really depressed for more than a year now, especially when i saw my ivf result, i just couldn't help. I quit my job just thinking about this everyday. Can I ask you , when you got donor's egg, do you get to see the woman's photo or in person? I mean so you have some idea what the baby will look like ? also is it hard to get a donor egg? Did you eat Dhea while you were doing your cycles? My fs told me many of his patients in their 40s ate that and got pregnant, but younger women didn't get much help from Dhea. I am trying anyway, the side effects haven't kick in yet. It's good that you are going to have your baby soon , very soon hehe all the best !
    We did our donor cycle in South Africa. Over there you can see donor profiles that have childhood photos only, plus a lot of written information on how the person looks, medical history, interests etc. We tried to choose someone with similar looks to me and in good health. There is a great thread on Sth Africa here on Bub hub if you want to know more. In Australia donors cannot be anonymous so the process of finding one is a bit different.

I'm sure you would know if your DH has had a DNA fragmentation test as it is quite expensive...maybe $400 or so!

I didn't try DHEA. I've heard of others trying it in my age group with mixed results. I was taking melatonin, coq10, vitamin d and fish oil for egg quality. But for me it didn't really help as age was not on my side. I would definitely try it if I were you though. It's important to take the right dosage of each and you'll need a script for the melatonin.

I wish you all the best. I think that you have some time to investigate what might be causing you issues and if using a donor is what happens then that option is always waiting for you if you need it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsChino View Post
    Thanks @Topdeck You're a gem

It's all good @ajq, I know you meant well. I guess it's one of those situations where all us us dearly wish for a nice simple solution to our problems, so it's hard when it doesn't turn out to be straightforward. All we can do is keep researching and trying new things and hoping - and this forum is a great source of information and support. Good luck for your next cycle - I hope it goes much better and is the lucky one for you and your DH
    Hi, Mrs Chino, thanks a lot hehe , I am going to do next cycle in late march hopefully you get pregnant by then Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsErinR View Post
    We did our donor cycle in South Africa. Over there you can see donor profiles that have childhood photos only, plus a lot of written information on how the person looks, medical history, interests etc. We tried to choose someone with similar looks to me and in good health. There is a great thread on Sth Africa here on Bub hub if you want to know more. In Australia donors cannot be anonymous so the process of finding one is a bit different.

I'm sure you would know if your DH has had a DNA fragmentation test as it is quite expensive...maybe $400 or so!

I didn't try DHEA. I've heard of others trying it in my age group with mixed results. I was taking melatonin, coq10, vitamin d and fish oil for egg quality. But for me it didn't really help as age was not on my side. I would definitely try it if I were you though. It's important to take the right dosage of each and you'll need a script for the melatonin.

I wish you all the best. I think that you have some time to investigate what might be causing you issues and if using a donor is what happens then that option is always waiting for you if you need it.
    Thanks MrsErinR, I will take those supplements to see if they help I ask my fs about melatonin, but he said he doesn't prescribe this kind of thing ...anyway, I will try other supplements. Yes, I think my husband did that sperm test, the very expensive one , dr said his sperms are really good, he thinks my eggs quality might be the problem... My new cycle will be in late march, will let you know how it goes and congrats again for the baby hahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Topdeck;8031852]
    Quote Originally Posted by ajq View Post

Oh, and as per my signature, which should be visible below, I went from high dose GonalF to high dose Menopur for the second cycle; both were "non responder protocols" which were chosen due to my low AMH. I think maybe doing two cycles back-to-back may have helped more than the specific drug. Of course its hard to tease apart all the intricacies... as DH says, we just have to line up one miracle after another!
    Sorry topdeck, I didn't read your signature carefully, so two cycles you used totally different protocols, it is interesting to know that. I will ask my Fs, if gonal f doesn't work on me, i can change another protocols or not. I really appreciate all the information you shared. I will try out the Accupuncture for a few times, if nothing change, i will stop . So expensive , 90$ for 40 mins

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have pcos. My eggs sucked never had a bfp till I used dex for dd but no frosties. When she was 3 months old I took dhea for three months. I had frosties with a 100% thaw rate. I had my son second fet with use of prednisone and am now pg with identical twins with the use of dex. I was 35 when started taking dhea... also took coq enzyme.. fish oil... and other stuff ... my collection was when I was 36 and in total got 16 frosties. I believe without dhea and steriods I wouldn't have my bubs here today. I too was told I didnt need either drug but after 6 years of ivf with no bfp I took matters into my own hands. Knowledge is power

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is me OP. All my test results have always been perfectly normal, I had a tiny bit on endo but that was taken care of. I'm in good health, slim and fit, a non-smoker and hardly drink at all. I started IVF two and a half years ago when I was 31. We were doing it due to MFI, DH is azoo. We did two cycles using sperm he'd had frozen a few years previously when he did IVF with his ex, as by the time we started he no longer had any. Anyway, those first two cycles I only had one fertilise, but it was put down to the extremely poor sperm quality. Then we tried a third time with donor sperm. Only two fertilised, and at first only one made it to day 5 and was just a morula, but we found out later that the second one made blasty at day 6 and was frozen. Both failed though. My FS advised we try with a different donor just in case it was a sperm issue. Once again, only two fertilised, and only one day 5 morula, the other arrested after day 3. BFN of course. My FS started talking donor eggs, but I told him I wanted to try one more cycle with me where we throw everything we could at it. I went on DHEA for three months, as well as CoQ10, royal jelly, in addition to the prenatal vitamins I was already on. I also started acupuncture.. I didn't really "believe" in it, but I was willing to try anything! My FS put me on the max dose of Gonal F during stims (600iu), and I was also on Saizen to improve egg quality. Anyway, I got my biggest haul of eggs yet (15, and all mature!), 10 fertilised, and ended up with 5 blasties! Four on day 5, and one on day 6. We transferred the two best ones, and one of them is now 9 months old and napping upstairs. I have two early day 5 blasts in the freezer, and a "borderline" day 6. I don't have any faith in any of them, but I'm grateful I'll be able to do a couple of FETs before I have to stim again. And if/when I do, I will be doing all the same stuff again, hoping to replicate the result from last time.

I have another friend who had similar issues to me who also had success with DHEA and Saizen, so I strongly recommend both drugs if your FS is on board with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by katiana View Post
    I have pcos. My eggs sucked never had a bfp till I used dex for dd but no frosties. When she was 3 months old I took dhea for three months. I had frosties with a 100% thaw rate. I had my son second fet with use of prednisone and am now pg with identical twins with the use of dex. I was 35 when started taking dhea... also took coq enzyme.. fish oil... and other stuff ... my collection was when I was 36 and in total got 16 frosties. I believe without dhea and steriods I wouldn't have my bubs here today. I too was told I didnt need either drug but after 6 years of ivf with no bfp I took matters into my own hands. Knowledge is power
    congrats! katiana Did you have 19 IVF befor you had your first baby? That's really brave and it is good that you didn't give up ! were you with the same dr or different one ? I never heard of dex, I just googled it , still can't understand much English is not my first language hehe. So under what circumstance will the dr give to you this drug ? I am trying to collect all the drug which would help to improve egg quality and next time when i see my dr i will ask him hehe . I am talking Dhea now, and i think the side effects started to kick in today, I am having a bit of headache when I woke up and i couldn't sleep well felt a bit tense I hope i can cope with it . Did you have some kind of test first, to find out the problems,then the dr suggested to use or, anyone can just take these medicines to see if they work or not ? my dr didn't mention any steriods to me . He just told me next time i am going to do long cycle , try to get more eggs. About egg quality, can't help much if DHEA doesn't work .

Thanks a again for your really encouraging story !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    This is me OP. All my test results have always been perfectly normal, I had a tiny bit on endo but that was taken care of. I'm in good health, slim and fit, a non-smoker and hardly drink at all. I started IVF two and a half years ago when I was 31. We were doing it due to MFI, DH is azoo. We did two cycles using sperm he'd had frozen a few years previously when he did IVF with his ex, as by the time we started he no longer had any. Anyway, those first two cycles I only had one fertilise, but it was put down to the extremely poor sperm quality. Then we tried a third time with donor sperm. Only two fertilised, and at first only one made it to day 5 and was just a morula, but we found out later that the second one made blasty at day 6 and was frozen. Both failed though. My FS advised we try with a different donor just in case it was a sperm issue. Once again, only two fertilised, and only one day 5 morula, the other arrested after day 3. BFN of course. My FS started talking donor eggs, but I told him I wanted to try one more cycle with me where we throw everything we could at it. I went on DHEA for three months, as well as CoQ10, royal jelly, in addition to the prenatal vitamins I was already on. I also started acupuncture.. I didn't really "believe" in it, but I was willing to try anything! My FS put me on the max dose of Gonal F during stims (600iu), and I was also on Saizen to improve egg quality. Anyway, I got my biggest haul of eggs yet (15, and all mature!), 10 fertilised, and ended up with 5 blasties! Four on day 5, and one on day 6. We transferred the two best ones, and one of them is now 9 months old and napping upstairs. I have two early day 5 blasts in the freezer, and a "borderline" day 6. I don't have any faith in any of them, but I'm grateful I'll be able to do a couple of FETs before I have to stim again. And if/when I do, I will be doing all the same stuff again, hoping to replicate the result from last time.

I have another friend who had similar issues to me who also had success with DHEA and Saizen, so I strongly recommend both drugs if your FS is on board with it.
    hehe , Sariele, we are quite similar in terms of age and the slight endo problem i am also very slim and fit hehe Now I feel I am not the odd one, I will keep trying with all the medicines everyone share with me . By the way, are you in Sydney? My husband said I have 10 years to try ...hehe , just need to be positive Thanks a lot Sariele

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was in Brisbane when I was doing IVF, and that's where my frosties and our remaining donor sperm are, but we're actually living in England at the moment.

Yup, keep positive, there are a lot of things you can try, and even if you still only get one emby per cycle, it really does only take one good one to get your baby. I had a LOT of dark times where I really thought we would never ever have a baby, and I'd even joined an egg donation forum and had someone lined up to donate her eggs to me if that last-ditch cycle failed! But we got there, and you will too (especially if you have ten years to try, lol).

Always here for a chat if it get a bit much, I know exactly how much it hurts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    I was in Brisbane when I was doing IVF, and that's where my frosties and our remaining donor sperm are, but we're actually living in England at the moment.

Yup, keep positive, there are a lot of things you can try, and even if you still only get one emby per cycle, it really does only take one good one to get your baby. I had a LOT of dark times where I really thought we would never ever have a baby, and I'd even joined an egg donation forum and had someone lined up to donate her eggs to me if that last-ditch cycle failed! But we got there, and you will too (especially if you have ten years to try, lol).

Always here for a chat if it get a bit much, I know exactly how much it hurts.

Thanks a lot i love this forum, everyone tries to help and encourages each other. I hope i can be as lucky as you are for my next cycle