+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ajq, I had poor egg quality and used a donor egg in the end, but I am nearly 10 years older and had done a number of cycles with my own eggs first. I think it's too soon to assume it's an egg issue after just one cycle. I'd really encourage you to seek a second opinion.

Has your DH had a DNA fragmentation test, or just a semen analysis?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsErinR View Post
    Ajq, I had poor egg quality and used a donor egg in the end, but I am nearly 10 years older and had done a number of cycles with my own eggs first. I think it's too soon to assume it's an egg issue after just one cycle. I'd really encourage you to seek a second opinion.

Has your DH had a DNA fragmentation test, or just a semen analysis?
    Hi, MrsErinR, thanks a lot for your reply and encouragement. I will keep trying and will let you know how it goes. My husband did all the tests ,dr said his sperms are super good . i am going to do karotype (not sure the spelling ) and NKC test soon. I actually got pregnant when I was in my mid 20s, but too young to have baby i was really scared and had abortion. I didn't realize, just after a few years later, i can't get pregnant! so sad!I felt really depressed for more than a year now, especially when i saw my ivf result, i just couldn't help. I quit my job just thinking about this everyday. Can I ask you , when you got donor's egg, do you get to see the woman's photo or in person? I mean so you have some idea what the baby will look like ? also is it hard to get a donor egg? Did you eat Dhea while you were doing your cycles? My fs told me many of his patients in their 40s ate that and got pregnant, but younger women didn't get much help from Dhea. I am trying anyway, the side effects haven't kick in yet. It's good that you are going to have your baby soon , very soon hehe all the best !

Thanks
    Reviews
    We moved to a flare cycle and had hcg shots whilst stimming. I think this helped us across the line.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ajq I'm glad you reached out, its been an interesting thread to read, and my own story is not dissimilar. After a first abysmal cycle (as you'll see on my signature, my AMH<1 and we got none to fertilise) DH and I thought we might need donor embryos since we both had significant issues. I'm also with Genea BTW. But FS said it was definitely too early to think about donors. And our second cycle has been quite different.

We went straight into cycle #2, in order to keep up the stimulation, and I think that helped.

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ajq View Post
    hi, Mrs Chino, I think your case is not hard to solve? You don't need to worry, your problem is kind of small hehehe . All the best to you ! And thank you very much for sharing .
    Oh, and @ajq I don't think its fair to say that @MRS Chino has a "small" problem when she has had at least two surgeries for endo (that she's told us about) and three failed cycles, and has not even got close to success. I don't think we can know what anyone else is going through, but we can be sure that its not likely to feel "easy". Just IMHO.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Topdeck For This Useful Post:

MrsChino  (14-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Topdeck;8031550]@ajq I'm glad you reached out, its been an interesting thread to read, and my own story is not dissimilar. After a first abysmal cycle (as you'll see on my signature, my AMH<1 and we got none to fertilise) DH and I thought we might need donor embryos since we both had significant issues. I'm also with Genea BTW. But FS said it was definitely too early to think about donors. And our second cycle has been quite different.

We went straight into cycle #2, in order to keep up the stimulation, and I think that helped.

My god ! congrats Topdeck! this is very encouraging ! Have you taken any supplements between the first and the second cycles and did your dr change the protocol? and who was your dr ( if you know mind telling me , if it is confidential, it is ok ) Thanks for sharing your story with me I hope my second cycle will give me the baby heheh

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ajq For This Useful Post:

Topdeck  (14-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdeck View Post
    Oh, and @ajq I don't think its fair to say that @MRS Chino has a "small" problem when she has had at least two surgeries for endo (that she's told us about) and three failed cycles, and has not even got close to success. I don't think we can know what anyone else is going through, but we can be sure that its not likely to feel "easy". Just IMHO.
    Sorry I didn't mean that @MRS Chino I thought about endo problem , sugery could fix it You are right Topdeck, this journey is really hard, i am sure most the ivf are not easy, sorry Mrs Chino, I just wanted to be encouraging , I hope your dr can help you solve the problem and you graduate soon ! congrats again Topdeck, now you are yummy mummy -to -be hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Topdeck You're a gem

It's all good @ajq, I know you meant well. I guess it's one of those situations where all us us dearly wish for a nice simple solution to our problems, so it's hard when it doesn't turn out to be straightforward. All we can do is keep researching and trying new things and hoping - and this forum is a great source of information and support. Good luck for your next cycle - I hope it goes much better and is the lucky one for you and your DH

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

Topdeck  (14-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsChino View Post
    Thanks @Topdeck You're a gem

It's all good @ajq, ...it's hard when it doesn't turn out to be straightforward. All we can do is keep researching and trying new things and hoping - and this forum is a great source of information and support.
    You are most welcome, @MRS Chino I couldn't help myself in sticking my nose in... I agree that this can be such a supportive forum, with a wide range of information and experiences. And I'd like to think we can be more empathic than your average non-IVFers!
    @ajq the only supplements I'm on are Elevit and Vitamin D (which was low on my blood test). My FS is Dr Greening and he's very practical. For instance, I told him I didn't find time to do Accupuncture, and he said "if I thought it would make the difference, I'd make sure you did it!"

It's like his advice after ET - all medically proven! - he told us to eat chocolate, watch comedies and have sex... we were quite happy to oblige.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=ajq;8031716]
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdeck View Post
    and did your dr change the protocol?
    Oh, and as per my signature, which should be visible below, I went from high dose GonalF to high dose Menopur for the second cycle; both were "non responder protocols" which were chosen due to my low AMH. I think maybe doing two cycles back-to-back may have helped more than the specific drug. Of course its hard to tease apart all the intricacies... as DH says, we just have to line up one miracle after another!