+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone has poor egg quality in early 30s and finally got pregnant? pls help

Hi, everyone, i am new in this forum, i just had a failed ivf cycle,the first one. My AMH is 16, 32 years old husband's sperms are really good. We checked anything came out normal, expect i had a bit endo, but fixed it by surgery.
    I had 6 eegs out, 5 fertilized, but only one in morula stage on day 5, others stopped growing.Starting to eat dhea now, and ordered coq10 online.

Dr said, if the fertilised eggs also stop dividing in the second ivf, i might need to consider donor eggs I felt really bad.

Any sis in the forum has similar situation like me and can give me some advice?
    Thanks a lot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was 29 and had 3 poor rounds. By the 4th I only had 2 follicles and was told to cancel and get a donor. I got 1 egg whi we transferred at day 3 and is now 3 and a half. We decided to try again last year. I got 4 eggs and was down to 2 at day 3. Transferred both and now have an 8 month old. I would request a day 3 transfer if i were you. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep this was me. I started ivf at 30 with unexplained infertility. My amh was 15, dh's sperm was fine, laparoscopy was great with only one tiny speck of endo which was removed the year earlier. Our first cycle of ivf I had 6 follicles but only 2 eggs retrieved. Both fertilised, but only one made it to day 5 and was only at morula stage. 2nd cycle my fs increased the drugs significantly and I had 10 follicles but still only 2 eggs retrieved and only one making it to transfer. We changed fs and our new fs thought it might be an egg quality problem, but since we couldn't be sure he pretty much treated everything from egg quality to implantation issues just in case. In our third cycle I had 10 follicles, he got 5 eggs but only 2 made it to day 5 and were both still morulas. Fs decided to push transfer to day 6 to see if the embryos would progress to blastocyst. Only one progressed and the other had started to deteriorate but they transferred both anyway and now I'm 26 weeks with twins! My advice would be to get a second opinion. You may need donor eggs but there are sometimes other things that can be done to improve the quality of your eggs/embryos first. Good luck!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to phee83 For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (12-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi, Manchesterlass,wow ! That's very encouraging! Which city are you in ? In Sydney I don't think Genea do 3 day transfer I can ask next time. The scientist told me on day 3, they can't tell if the embryos are good or not that's why they don't do day 3 transfer. But thanks a lot for your advice, I will ask my dr next time .By the way did your Dr change the protocol? Last questoin, how long did you wait between one ivf cycle ?
    Thanks a lot
    Last edited by ajq; 12-12-2014 at 09:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by phee83 View Post
    Yep this was me. I started ivf at 30 with unexplained infertility. My amh was 15, dh's sperm was fine, laparoscopy was great with only one tiny speck of endo which was removed the year earlier. Our first cycle of ivf I had 6 follicles but only 2 eggs retrieved. Both fertilised, but only one made it to day 5 and was only at morula stage. 2nd cycle my fs increased the drugs significantly and I had 10 follicles but still only 2 eggs retrieved and only one making it to transfer. We changed fs and our new fs thought it might be an egg quality problem, but since we couldn't be sure he pretty much treated everything from egg quality to implantation issues just in case. In our third cycle I had 10 follicles, he got 5 eggs but only 2 made it to day 5 and were both still morulas. Fs decided to push transfer to day 6 to see if the embryos would progress to blastocyst. Only one progressed and the other had started to deteriorate but they transferred both anyway and now I'm 26 weeks with twins! My advice would be to get a second opinion. You may need donor eggs but there are sometimes other things that can be done to improve the quality of your eggs/embryos first. Good luck!
    hi, phee83, your case is really similar to mine!! are you in sydney ? if you are, can you message me your fs''s name if you don't mind , your dr use different method compared to ManchesterLass's one, hers, transfered earlier, yours later, so none of you transfer on day 5, that's interesting . Why did you need to eat clomid? I thought only people have pcos need to take that medicine?

thanks a lot , i feel much better this morning after reading you and Manchesterlass's replies. hehe , i really hope i can be as luckly as you two !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @ajq I’m glad you asked this question as I’m in the same boat. I’m 33, have severe endo, but great AMH of 31 and otherwise fit and in great health.

My first ivf cycle (antagonist) produced 5 eggs - 3 fertilised, 1 was decent quality so was put back on day 3 and resulted in a chemical pregnancy, and the other two arrested before they got to day 5. Second cycle (also antagonist) produced 7 eggs. 5 fertilised, 1 was ‘average’ quality on day 4 and was put back (BFN) and the other 4 arrested before day 5 again. So we’ve never made it to blastocyst or had anything to freeze.

FS thinks it is an egg quality issue, possibly due to the fact that during both of those cycles I had a large endometrioma that was causing a lot of inflammation. I’ve just had the endometrioma and other endo taken out, and now I’m on synarel for a couple of months to suppress any remaining endo that might be lurking in there. FS is hopeful that doing a super long down reg cycle will help with my egg quality as there will be less inflammation and endo-related interference in terms of the toxic peritoneal environment. I’m also taking lots of vitamins. I have no idea if these things will make any difference whatsoever, but I’ll come back and let you know if this approach helps!

Wishing you the best of luck. It’s so disappointing when you start out thinking it will be straightforward and then things don’t go to plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @ajq I'm in Brisbane and did my successful transfer with Warren deambrosis - quite a few people travel from interstate to see him because he really is amazing! With regard to doing the 5 or 6 day transfer I think his philosophy is if you have multiple embryos you want to put the strongest one back which you can't always tell at day 3. He also wants to try and isolate the problem so that then he can try and fix it. You can put a perfectly good morula back on day 5 and hope it continues to a blastocyst but if it's not successful you won't know whether the problem was getting the embryo to blastocyst stage or getting the blastocyst to implant. The more you know the higher your chances of fixing the problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ajq View Post
    Hi, everyone, i am new in this forum, i just had a failed ivf cycle,the first one. My AMH is 16, 32 years old husband's sperms are really good. We checked anything came out normal, expect i had a bit endo, but fixed it by surgery.
    I had 6 eegs out, 5 fertilized, but only one in morula stage on day 5, others stopped growing.Starting to eat dhea now, and ordered coq10 online.

Dr said, if the fertilised eggs also stop dividing in the second ivf, i might need to consider donor eggs I felt really bad.

Any sis in the forum has similar situation like me and can give me some advice?
    Thanks a lot
    Hi. I started IVF when I was 31. First cycle I had 11 eggs retrieved, 4 made it to day 5. Second cycle I had 7 eggs retrieved and 2 made it to day 5. Third cycle I had 11 eggs retrieved and 2 made it to day 5. I now have 3 little miracles. It's early days for you and you are young, don't lose hope. You only need that 1 lucky egg. I personally think your dr is jumping the gun a bit talking about the possibility of donor eggs this early. Perhaps have another go and change clinics if you still aren't successful. Another clinic may do other testing, make further recommendations, do things differently etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsChino View Post
    Hi @ajq I’m glad you asked this question as I’m in the same boat. I’m 33, have severe endo, but great AMH of 31 and otherwise fit and in great health.

My first ivf cycle (antagonist) produced 5 eggs - 3 fertilised, 1 was decent quality so was put back on day 3 and resulted in a chemical pregnancy, and the other two arrested before they got to day 5. Second cycle (also antagonist) produced 7 eggs. 5 fertilised, 1 was ‘average’ quality on day 4 and was put back (BFN) and the other 4 arrested before day 5 again. So we’ve never made it to blastocyst or had anything to freeze.

FS thinks it is an egg quality issue, possibly due to the fact that during both of those cycles I had a large endometrioma that was causing a lot of inflammation. I’ve just had the endometrioma and other endo taken out, and now I’m on synarel for a couple of months to suppress any remaining endo that might be lurking in there. FS is hopeful that doing a super long down reg cycle will help with my egg quality as there will be less inflammation and endo-related interference in terms of the toxic peritoneal environment. I’m also taking lots of vitamins. I have no idea if these things will make any difference whatsoever, but I’ll come back and let you know if this approach helps!

Wishing you the best of luck. It’s so disappointing when you start out thinking it will be straightforward and then things don’t go to plan.
    hi, Mrs Chino, I think your case is not hard to solve? can you do a surgery clean up the endo , then after one month, you can do ivf. My fs is the best in endometrisis in Australia. I went to see him before i had a bit endo, i thought that's why i couldn't get pregnant, then after ivf i realize the problem is not endo , it is the egg quality . Are you in syd? I can recommend him to you . You don't need to worry, your problem is kind of small hehehe . All the best to you ! And thank you very much for sharing .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Hi. I started IVF when I was 31. First cycle I had 11 eggs retrieved, 4 made it to day 5. Second cycle I had 7 eggs retrieved and 2 made it to day 5. Third cycle I had 11 eggs retrieved and 2 made it to day 5. I now have 3 little miracles. It's early days for you and you are young, don't lose hope. You only need that 1 lucky egg. I personally think your dr is jumping the gun a bit talking about the possibility of donor eggs this early. Perhaps have another go and change clinics if you still aren't successful. Another clinic may do other testing, make further recommendations, do things differently etc.
    i really hope next run i can be like you . you have so many good ones on day 5, i didn't have any good ones on day 5 i am trying to eat a lot of vitamins recently. really hope next run, miracles can happen on me . i try to be positive, been feeling so depressed for so long ........thanks a lot for your support Kimberleygal1 am going to do accupuncture next week hope will help .