+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default need feedback from parents about my childs birthday.

hi I'm looking for some parents feed back.

my son is turning 11 in Jan. He wants to go to bounce and ask a few of his friends. He wants to do a 2 hour session instead of 1.
    if he asked his friends to bounce for a 2 hour session from 2pm-4pm,
    as a mum would you be annoyed if you child came to his birthday and we didn't give the kids food, we would buy them a drink.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I think 2 hrs off physical activity. I think they would want something. So I would give them something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Two hours of bouncing will lead to more than one cup of drink being required unfortunately. Our son has done a trampoline party, but just as an example, he went to a party with a jumping castle the other weekend and jumped for a few hours - he would have drunk at least 5 cups of fluids. The kids needed the food just to have a break and rejuvenate, have a breather. Generally, as a parent, if my child was invited to a party I would expect at the least that either morning or afternoon tea would be served for that period of time.

If money is tight then perhaps he could:

* Just have the hour session
    * invite less kids
    * choose a different activity

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default need feedback from parents about my childs birthday.

My 4 year old DS does trampolining for an hour every week and drinks a full bottle of water in that time and is starving afterwards !
    2 hours is s very long time - even the parties they do at our one only go for an hour and a half so I would do as pp said and save the money from the extra hour and buy pizza for them afterwards ( and provide water while they are jumping!)

It wouldn't bother me if you didn't have food but make sure you tell the parents as most would assume you will feed them as its a party - so they know to feed their kids beforehand

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your feedback.

I want to make my son happy but I know I have to make other parents happy to.
    If only these trampoline places allowed people to bring bottles of water and nibbles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes I would. I think it's the responsibility of the party host to provide food & drink to the guests. 2 hours of physical activity will make them hungry & thirsty... If you can't afford to put anything on, then perhaps do it casually as a 'my son is going to bounce, would your kids like to come' & don't label it as a birthday party... That way the guests won't have an expectation that you will provide food/drink & will most likely provide money for their children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree with Elijah's mum in regards to the food. If I knew prior that DS wouldn't be fed then I would feed him before he went. It would only be if it wasn't stated on the invite that I'd be a little surprised - not upset or anything, just surprised.

Can they deny people bringing in water? With the party DS went to, parents supplied everything except for the tables, chairs and party bags. That would make it cheaper for you. Is there another one close by?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sethjarum View Post
    Thanks for your feedback.

I want to make my son happy but I know I have to make other parents happy to.
    If only these trampoline places allowed people to bring bottles of water and nibbles.
    Are you sure you can't bring water? Ours you can - if it's busy they wouldn't notice anyway so bring some cold bottle water for the boys