+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by monkey&&me View Post
    Oh was he on the enrolment form as able to pick up the kids?
    No!! Nothing.. Editing my dad gave his licence number name etc for them to see who he was hope that makes sense
    Last edited by monnie24; 12-12-2014 at 22:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    My mum picked up my daughter from daycare once, and they checked her ID against the paperwork, all good. Then about 6 months later, she picked her up again and when she offered her ID, the carer said "it's ok, I think I remember you" (mind you, there are at least 100 kids at the centre, how she'd remember a grandparent after 6 months, I have no idea). I wasn't too concerned because we don't have any bad relationships with people who would take her, but now that I think about it, that is REALLY bad. What if there was now a note on her file that said my mum and was no longer allowed to pick her up?!

Anyway, sorry to derail the thread, but if you're otherwise happy with the centre, I would complain and also insist that they check the ID of anyone other than you or hubby picking them up (then get your mum to pick them up as a test!). If there's any other issues or concerns, I'd probably find another centre.
    I was told the only way the Centre wouldn't allow pick up again (after that person has already pick child up before) was if they got a court order saying they weren't allowed.
    I went through this once and they told me because that person has been authorized by me to pick child up before they couldn't refuse again unless there was a court order. How ridiculous

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelicHobgoblin View Post
    I was told the only way the Centre wouldn't allow pick up again (after that person has already pick child up before) was if they got a court order saying they weren't allowed.
    I went through this once and they told me because that person has been authorized by me to pick child up before they couldn't refuse again unless there was a court order. How ridiculous
    I don't think that's legal. If you, as the parent, no longer give permission, then they have to listen to you. Unless the other person is the other parent of the child, they must refuse to let them collect the child. There has to be a court order in place to prevent a parent from collecting a child, but any other person has to be approved by the parents.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jussi For This Useful Post:

AngelicHobgoblin  (12-12-2014)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Definitely make a complaint. My sister looks like me, and my daughter runs to her screaming "Aunty, Aunty" but they still check her licence.