+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Opinions

My daughter and son were signed in by me. Then to be released by my mum. (This is what I signed)

They released my kids to my dad. I was horrified!!! I don't care because we speak but imagine if it was a kidnapping etc. He wasn't on the list. This is a new centre. Should I just pull them out? Or make a complaint.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think you definitely need to make a complaint. They could have released your kids to anybody!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely make a complaint to the director. I'd be ropable if that happened.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Make a complaint!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's terrible, you should complain & maybe take it further and report it to the department.. That is a massive breach! Not good enough and it's frightening that they'd let your kids go with someone they'd never met before without checking forms and ID.. Report it!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to monkey&&me For This Useful Post:

MonsterMummy  (11-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dad was good enough and gave his drivers licence. But seriously? On the pick up it said my mum why didn't they phone me. I will have to find the local department number. I'm really shaken about it since lately kids have been going missing. (I know it sounds OTT).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    My dad was good enough and gave his drivers licence. But seriously? On the pick up it said my mum why didn't they phone me. I will have to find the local department number. I'm really shaken about it since lately kids have been going missing. (I know it sounds OTT).

Oh was he on the enrolment form as able to pick up the kids?

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum picked up my daughter from daycare once, and they checked her ID against the paperwork, all good. Then about 6 months later, she picked her up again and when she offered her ID, the carer said "it's ok, I think I remember you" (mind you, there are at least 100 kids at the centre, how she'd remember a grandparent after 6 months, I have no idea). I wasn't too concerned because we don't have any bad relationships with people who would take her, but now that I think about it, that is REALLY bad. What if there was now a note on her file that said my mum and was no longer allowed to pick her up?!

Anyway, sorry to derail the thread, but if you're otherwise happy with the centre, I would complain and also insist that they check the ID of anyone other than you or hubby picking them up (then get your mum to pick them up as a test!). If there's any other issues or concerns, I'd probably find another centre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    My mum picked up my daughter from daycare once, and they checked her ID against the paperwork, all good. Then about 6 months later, she picked her up again and when she offered her ID, the carer said "it's ok, I think I remember you" (mind you, there are at least 100 kids at the centre, how she'd remember a grandparent after 6 months, I have no idea). I wasn't too concerned because we don't have any bad relationships with people who would take her, but now that I think about it, that is REALLY bad. What if there was now a note on her file that said my mum and was no longer allowed to pick her up?!

I know this sounds odd but when I worked at a centre with about the same amount of kids, I was a float who worked in every room, I could tell you every child's name, what room they were in, if they had any allergies etc. And I recognised their family members (parents, grandparents and siblings mostly).

I think in that environment you get acquainted with the kids and there families very quickly. If someone wasn't allowed to pick them up we would all be notified. I don't know if other carers are the same though, I always made sure to pay a lot of attention to those kinds of things.

If ID was shown he would have had to be on the contact list OP wouldn't he?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DreamyMummy For This Useful Post:

monkey&&me  (11-12-2014)