Great advice. Bub needs to learn to self settle and not rely on being patted and rocked to sleep. Perhaps regular walks in the pram to get bubs more used to it.Sorry to hear things are still difficult for you
My guess is unchanged: I am
betting bub is going down too late, possibly too hungry (solids? How often are milk feeds?). Combined with patting/rocking to sleep poor bub is not yet able to self settle.
- As mentioned in other threads I would look into the timing of the sleeps and feeds.
- start encouraging self settling at home so bub can sleep better when out. Wean off the rocking/patting to sleep. I know you said you don't mind this, however bubs inability to self settle at home is directly connected to the inability to sleep out of the home.
- start putting bub down somewhere different at home for the same day nap. Day after day. I used to put bub to sleep for his 4:30 nap in the rocking chair each day. To basically encourage him to be comfortable sleeping in different places.
- always put bub to sleep with the same comforter and where possible bedding. No matter where they are sleeping. Eg if you use a grobag in the cot, use a travel grobag in the pram. Only give bub his comforter at sleep time (so it remains a sleep cue). This will help bub to be more comfortable when sleeping out and about.
- cover the pram with a blockout sheet/blanket.
I hope this doesn't come across as harsh because it's not my intention to be hurtful. You sound like a really lovely mumma who is struggling... You are a battler fighting on for help and answers because you want the best for bub. Nothing is going to change until you get help for your anxiety. This has got to come first. Secondly I think professional help in the form of sleep school is needed. I personally think bubs sleeping is being made worse by the lack of routine and patting/rocking etc to sleep. Something needs to change with these key issues in order for things to get easier for you. Continuing to seek advice and then maintaining the status quo/making minor tweaks here and there won't really change a thing. I am definitely not trying to discourage you from continuing to seek advice on here, but unless real changes are made I am not sure any of it is going to be of use (unless you just want to vent, which is ok!).