+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    @heartstringz I have another question, because I do think about you and your situation a lot. On another thread you mentioned you'd been trying to get your DS to sleep for 3.5 hours, if I remember correctly, apart from feeds and changes.

Is he crying that whole time? Does he stop if you take him away from a sleep situation and play with him or take him outside for a minute? Or give him tummy time etc?

Likewise, when you first go out with him is he crying all the time? Or is he engaged and interested in his surroundings?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks Vicpark!

Im concerned about sleep school making it worse. Ive watched the videos on their website for 'responsive settling' & it seems like a form of controlled crying. If bub is already crying himself to sleep in my arms, how is putting him in his cot & leaving the room going to help? Not being rude, just a genuine question.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Maybe look for a sleep school using different techniques?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Harvs at first he is only usually crying when im trying to get him to sleep, if I play with him etc he does stop. When out he's really engaged. It does get to the point though, when he is overtired (ie if ive been trying to get him down for hours), that he wont stop screaming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Thanks Vicpark!

Im concerned about sleep school making it worse. Ive watched the videos on their website for 'responsive settling' & it seems like a form of controlled crying. If bub is already crying himself to sleep in my arms, how is putting him in his cot & leaving the room going to help? Not being rude, just a genuine question.
    Things are already pretty darned bad for you I don't think they could get much worse.

I think you are simplifying things and jumping to incorrect assumptions about what sleep school is about. There's a lot more to it than leaving bub in a cot and leaving him there. Why not give it a try you can always refuse to do something if you are not comfortable with it.

What you are currently doing is not working...You've got to do something.. Change something... Be bold and make a leap of faith as the status quo currently sucks big time for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Things are already pretty darned bad for you I don't think they could get much worse.

I think you are simplifying things and jumping to incorrect assumptions about what sleep school is about. There's a lot more to it than leaving bub in a cot and leaving him there. Why not give it a try you can always refuse to do something if you are not comfortable with it.

What you are currently doing is not working...You've got to do something.. Change something... Be bold and make a leap of faith as the status quo currently sucks big time for you.
    This.

We went to sleep school when DS1 was 11 months old. They looked at everything. Our relationship, food and meal times, our daily routine and sleep. It really helped.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Can he see you when he's in his pram?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    How long does he last when out? 1 hour? 2 hours? 3 hours?

If you feed him does it stop the screaming? I'm not talking about putting him to sleep, but does it stop the screaming?

Is he happy to be in the pram when awake? Have you got toys/stimulation in there for him?

Have you seen anyone for your shoulder/neck pain so that you can wear bub in a carrier?
    He lasts around 2 hours, depending on how good his previous sleep was.

Sometimes feeding stops the screaming, sometimes when he's tired he wont feed, so it varies.

Yes he's ok in the pram when awake

Nothing fixes my neck pain for longer than a couple of days. Ive tried everything & seen so many people & no-one can give me a diagnosis so ive accepted that this is the way it will be & im pretty used to it, just makes it hard to baby wear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i went to sleep school with DS when he was 3 months old... i was there a week and it was fantastic.. best thing i did...

please look into it, i think it will really help.. also think about my offer

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Can he see you when he's in his pram?
    He faces forwards in the pram but he can see through the viewing window in the top of the hood. Not sure what else we can really do