Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default So upset right now

I don't know what the point of this post is, but I'm seething and upset and so mad right now I just had to come and vent!
    I saw a man berate and belittle his gorgeous little girl today and it's left me sick to my stomach.
    I took DD to meet Santa today at the library and she refused to leave my lap the entire time, she was incredibly apprehensive and wary of him (as I suspected she may be) so we stayed for songs and stories and my little one was happy watching from afar. Then, just as we were leaving and everyone began clearing out, a man and daughter (she looked around 5) emerged from the back of room and he began a tirade, speaking loud enough for the entire room to hear, calling his daughter out on the fact that she had been too afraid to pose for a pic with Santa. This guy did not let up and was not at all fazed by the looks of pure shock and disgust on the faces of everyone around him.
    The girl was so obviously hurt and so embarrassed, my stomach aches just thinking about the look on her face.
    Dad: "You've ruined the day, we're not going out for lunch now. He's a nice man, he's a friend of the library dressed up as Santa but you were too scared to sit on his knee. I've never seen anyone so scared of anything in my life. You're just like your mother, you have no trust for anyone. Look at daddy, I've got lots of friends. This is why you don't have any friends, because you're too shy."
    Little girl is on the verge of tears as her father looks down at her in disgust. At this point the other mothers and I are exchanging worried glances and a female staff worker tries to intervene.
    Librarian to girl: "Are you having a shy day today, sweetie? Its ok to have a shy day, I have them all the time."
    At this point the girl is clinging onto her father's leg, her face flushed red.
    But this guy just keeps going, even pointing and prodding his finger into the girls chest as he continues berating her. He becomes so angry at one point that he demands she sits on a chair in the corner to think about how she's ruined their day.
    It took EVERYTHING in me to restrain myself, I just wanted to tell him to pull his finger out, stop bullying her and realise she's a 5 year old girl ffs and not the first or last child to feel afraid of Santa!
    I KNOW parents can become frustrated. I'd have loved for DD to have posed for a pic with Santa today, but she's not ready and that's fine. But this guy was just plain abusive and my eyes are brimming as I write this. If he thinks nothing of doing that in public, I don't even want to think about what goes on behind closed doors.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

palegreyeyes222  (12-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That poor little mite

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That poor precious baby girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've got tears just reading this. That poor little girl will probably remember how she felt in that moment for the rest of her life.

I hope that her dad calmed down, realised the damage he'd have caused & tried his very best to apologise & make it up to her later. Not that he could take it back. I'd be devastated if my DH spoke to my DD that way.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

palegreyeyes222  (12-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Omg that makes me sick to my stomach reading that, I cant even imagine witnessing it that poor little girl!

I will never understand peoples obsessions with santa photos, to the extent that they'd rather scare the beejeebus out of their poor child than skip a silly photo for that year! Absolutely pathetic, some people should be ashamed of themselves!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That would haunt me forever

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's just awful. The fact he spoke about her mother on that way as well sends off alarm bells for me. What a bully! That poor poor little girl. :-(

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (11-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's something I'll never forget, I just could not believe what was happening. Everything inside me screamed at him to stop, but he just continued ripping her to shreds. I hope someone he knows pulls him up, such a complete jackass.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Poor girl. And yet no one stuck up for her.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (11-12-2014),Full House  (11-12-2014),palegreyeyes222  (12-12-2014),VicPark  (11-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    Poor girl. And yet no one stuck up for her.
    Would you have put yourself and your child in harms way by "sticking up" for her? Trust me, I'd have LOVED to have given him a piece of mind, but he was clearly unhinged and I was on my own with my 2 year old, there as no telling what he could have done if I, or anyone else, had started up or interfered.
    It was absolutely heartbreaking so please spare me your guilt trip ffs.

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (11-12-2014),amyd  (11-12-2014),babyblu11  (11-12-2014),HearMeRoar  (11-12-2014),LaDiDah  (11-12-2014),NurseAnni  (11-12-2014),peanutmonkey  (11-12-2014),Purple Lily  (11-12-2014),smallpotatoes  (11-12-2014)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast