+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The only thing I can recall was the Swivel Sweeper - I requested it for a birthday present one year and my mum bought it (she got one as well, 2 for the price of one).

What a useless piece of cr*p that thing was! My mum's polished wood floor got some nasty scratches from it too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (11-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I once bought one of those ab cruncher things. I still don't have abs.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (11-12-2014),Jontu  (11-12-2014),ozeymumof5  (11-12-2014),Purple Lily  (11-12-2014),TheGooch  (11-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by user9876 View Post
    I bought a shark steam pocket mop which also came with the hand-held steamer. I love it. The steam mop does wonders for refreshing carpets, and the hand-held steamer gets all the gunk and mould out of all the cracks and crevices in the bathroom and kitchen. I've used the upholstery steamer attachment on mattresses, the couch and curtains with fantastic results.

That said, there is a lot of crap sold via TV shopping. I recommend looking extensively at online reviews, there are always heaps.

There are heaps of those magic bullet type products around at the moment - the latest Big W catalogue has 3 different types on special. If you're not sure if you'll use it, you can get them for under $50 and then if you find you use it a lot you can always upgrade to a higher quality brand.
    Do you mean the Kambrook Blitz to go? The reviews I just read were better than the nutribullet and the bad ones Kambrook responded by telling people to ring customer service etc.

The motor is much smaller than the nutribullet but I understand the nutribullet is 5 times the cost.

I have some birthday money to spend so I might give the Kambrook one a whirl!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemum34 View Post
    EUROBED! Sorry for shouting but I'm so close to buying it! I also want to buy a 4 wheeler to ride over it like they do on the advertisement to prove how tough it is!
    Haha. I'm also tempted to get this! Though we don't ever have visitors sleeping over! :O

7. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (11-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought the H2O steam mop and I loved it. Until my partner put eucalyptus oil in it and clogged up the insides. Grr!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Venus laser hair removal thingy. I attempted to use it once and gave up because it was such a nuisance. It's sitting at the bottom of my wardrobe. Somewhere. (I think?)

I love watching infomercials. I just want to buy everything. This is why DH has control of the credit card ...

I am legitimately tempted to get a Roomba though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Proactiv 10 years ago- such a waste of money. It worked. But you only need the active ingredient - Benzyl Peroxide - and you can buy that in the chemist for heaps less than proactiv.

My family bought two different kinds of ab cruncher machines - I have abs, but not from using an ab cruncher (although I have seen one of those in use in my gym in the last 12 months) - it got used a lot by my parents. My dad really liked them and used them for years so I guess they were money well spent.

That's been it. I can't stand to watch infomercials so I don't even know what is being sold on tv anymore.
    Last edited by Full House; 11-12-2014 at 13:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nothing. Just watching infomercials has me saying "what a load of cr@p!" at the tv. For entertainment purposes I have sometimes looked up product reviews for the things they sell and not surprisingly it's always full of people complaining of the products.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never bought anything off TV but I do have a nutribullet someone was importing them so I got it for $145 I use it all the time and so does hubby. He mostly uses it for smoothies and juices and I usually use it to make caster sugar, grinding up nuts, grinding chia to put in everything etc.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rodeobull For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (11-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Do you mean the Kambrook Blitz to go? The reviews I just read were better than the nutribullet and the bad ones Kambrook responded by telling people to ring customer service etc.

The motor is much smaller than the nutribullet but I understand the nutribullet is 5 times the cost.

I have some birthday money to spend so I might give the Kambrook one a whirl!
    Just wanted to chime in, if you are mainly looking at using it for smoothies, I love love love my george foreman up and go. Couldn't be a functioning mummy without it, only way I get breakfast and sometimes lunch. My sister has the kambrook one, she loves hers too. I didn't like the colour...! Either way, they are both great for smoothies and so easy to clean up afterwards! And I don't think motor size will matter if it's being used for smoothies. I regularly put frozen fruit and yoghurt in mine, with oats, chia etc and it whizzes it up in no time!