+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default questions for those with cleaners

I'm just not getting time to clean the house properly so am thinking of organising a cleaner to come every fortnight for 2hrs. I've never had one before so am not sure how it all works. I was going to go with a company in the local business directory so hopefully they are pretty reputable and trustworthy.

Should the kids and I stay home while they are here?

Is 2hrs a fortnight enough/too much/too little? Our house is a small 4x1 with 2 adults, 2 toddlers and an outside dog. I'm mainly wanting help with the bathroom and kitchen and a regular thorough floor clean.

Is there anything I should (or shouldn't) be asking the cleaner to do?

Any tips?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a large 5x2 and have a cleaner twice a week for 3hrs which I pay $90 each time for.
    I have both bathrooms and 2 toilets cleaned, beds made, washing folded, kitchen benches, dust all surfaces and vacuum and mop the floors.

We are a family of 6 and I no longer clean bathrooms and do floors.
    It is a big expense for us but worth it right now. I will reassess in the new year and might do a weekly normal clean and a more thorough fortnight clean with windows and cabinets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just started getting a cleaner and it's the best $$ I've spent in a long time. It's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
    We have a small 3 bed 1 bath 1 toilet with two adults and a toddler. I've got my cleaner for 2.5 hours once a week at $25/hr which gets a very thorough bathroom/toilet clean (as in scrapes away all shower screen scale, has gotten mould off grout that has been there for years), every surface dusted (bookshelves, dressers, buffet units, side tables, etc), windowsills, cupboard mirrors, kitchen (microwave, stovetop, benches) and a thorough floor clean including spot cleaning with a scourer and of course mopping. She also empties my bins and has offered to clean fridge, oven, make beds, hang out washing if I need her to. The first week was 4 hours but then 2.5 hours per week since. Some weeks 2 and some 3 if there are special things to do.
    I work part time, have my own small business, and do the books for hubby's business so this has just been amazing for me.
    I would recommend leaving the house as otherwise you will feel awkward and get in the way