+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Parenting help

Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can get parenting help in Brisbane other than sleep school?

There doesnt seem to be any other option (surely there must be???) but I dont think controlled crying will work for my baby when he's already crying in my arms. How will putting him in the cot & leaving the room improve anything? So im not totally keen on sleep school.

Other than sleep school ive only heard about one other lady who works privately but no way can we afford her fees.

The child health nurses are useless

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would go to your local GP if you can, or even ask places like PANDA.

I'm in Melbourne so I'm not much help, but I was connected to a lot of assistance through my GP, my child health nurse, and the mother baby unit I stayed at.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know that you said the health nurses have been hopeless, but I'm just wondering if you have tried Sharon Armstrong at Embrace Life at North Lakes/ Mango hill?

I would suggest you go and speak to her. She is very good & helped us a lot. You can make a private appointment to see her I think.

Also have you looked into whether bubs has something else going on like a little bit of reflux perhaps? Just wondering because you said bubs is crying in your arms. Sometimes that can make them hard to settle as it can get worse when they lay down. It can make all the difference!
    Last edited by Snooze; 10-12-2014 at 23:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts