+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default feeling lost and lonely. will another baby help?

I've got 2 bubs already- DS1 is nearly 4 and DS2 is 2. I've been daydreaming about having another baby for about 6 months. My family just doesn't feel complete. Plus work sucks and I love babies! 😉 Hubby wasn't keen on another child, but after an early miscarriage a couple of weeks ago he's happy to try again.

After the miscarriage I went straight back to work. I was only 6 weeks. I just wanted to forget about it. I wanted to try again straight away so I didn't have to remember. But hubby and I agreed to wait for a cycle and TTC in the new year.

I nearly cried after we DTD deliberately outside the time I'm fertile. It felt hollow. Like what a waste. No baby making. Another month with no baby. It feels sad and lonely. Will another baby help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It sounds like you aren't finished. You won't actually know until you do it. Do you think hubby would change his mind?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hubby is happy to try for baby#3. So there's no drama there. Though he has said he'll get the snip after that because he's done! Haha!!

Tonight I'm feeling pretty low about the miscarriage, even though it was so early on it hardly even counts. Does the feeling of wanting babies ever stop? My "biological clock" is driving me crazy. It was like a switch went off 6 years ago and the urge to have a baby only stops when I'm either pregnant or breastfeeding. And to say goodbye to a future that hardly formed... It is sad. But the urge to have a baby is still there...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not a lover of being pregnant (had a horrendous pregnancy last time and just fell into unimaginable PND) very dark times behind me. I said NO more, B/G twins.. God obviously got the hint I'm not a good pregnant person so he gave us the entire package and the shop is now closed. The twins turned 2 and I had a realisation... Omg, I'm missing one! There are suppose to be 3 and I can't help it but yern for the last piece of the puzzle. I knew that if I was 50 and looked back only ever having the 2 I'd regret it and never forgive myself.

So, as much as I don't do pregnancy well (Hypermemsis sufferer amongst other issues) I had to do it 1 more time. I don't think I'd ever have 'gotten' over baby 3 if we didn't go again. Just a feeling you have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Please see your GP to get help through this rough time... When you hate work and are going through such a loss is not the best time to be making a call on having another bub. Wait until the new year, when you are feeling better and then have a good chat with hubby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It stopped for me. I have 4, which we weren't planning. And I definitely feel completely and 100% done, never get clucky or that little bit of jealousy that I used to get when I find out others are preggers. So yep - It stopped for me when i was done - if that makes sense!
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post
    Hubby is happy to try for baby#3. So there's no drama there. Though he has said he'll get the snip after that because he's done! Haha!!

Tonight I'm feeling pretty low about the miscarriage, even though it was so early on it hardly even counts. Does the feeling of wanting babies ever stop? My "biological clock" is driving me crazy. It was like a switch went off 6 years ago and the urge to have a baby only stops when I'm either pregnant or breastfeeding. And to say goodbye to a future that hardly formed... It is sad. But the urge to have a baby is still there...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Please see your GP to get help through this rough time... When you hate work and are going through such a loss is not the best time to be making a call on having another bub. Wait until the new year, when you are feeling better and then have a good chat with hubby.
    I agree with VP on this. It sounds like your trying to have a baby to make other areas happy. I hope that doesn't sound hurtful because I'm not meaning too.

But give yourself time to heal. Xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Further advice please if anyone is listening. ... I miscarried on 25 November, and by the time I had blood taken at the hospital my hcg was already down to 15 (I was only 6 weeks along and I'd started spotting the night before). I had heavy bleeding for about a week. But as of today (28 December) AF hasn't arrived. Its nearly 5 weeks and I was expecting it to arrive over Christmas. Is this normal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Is your cycle usually pretty regular? If so how long is it usually?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @VicPark I started a new thread with more information and questions on my latest stress...